• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

****Blender Ryzen render battle benchmark****

Soldato
Stock 4790k
Blender 2.78a

100 Samples = 29.92
150 Samples = 45.27
200 Samples = 59.75

ryzen-blender-100.png
ryzen-blender-150.png

ryzen-blender-200.png

Soldato
I7 - 2700K @ 4.84GHz (4c/8t)

150 Samples 1min 07.7 Secs
100 Samples 44.73 Secs

If Ryzen is performing like this across the board, this will be a very interesting chip, but will have to wait and see more benches, and more costs! But that 3.4GHz chip seems to be roughly in line with my Sandychip running at 4.84Ghz (ie 4c8t = 1min 07, 8c/16t = 33.5S), suggesting Lisa Su's statement they've completely shattered the original 40% and chip is performing above and beyond this goalpost may possibly be correct, as based on that calculation, it's running about the same performance in this test as my chip, but at 2/3 of the clock speed! With boost on top these could be quite substantial CPUs.

That said, I've no idea how linearly Blender results scale.

Sounds very much like in good scenarios we may see performance right up there with modern Intel designs, we will see :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Did AMD say that they disabled the speed boost on Ryzen for that benchmark render?

If so, shouldn't people be running the same benchmark with speed boost disabled, to get an better IPC comparison.

Soldato
Did AMD say that they disabled the speed boost on Ryzen for that benchmark render?

If so, shouldn't people be running the same benchmark with speed boost disabled, to get an better IPC comparison.

The Intel chip was running stock with boost enabled.
The AMD Ryzen chip was running with boost disabled as they're still tweaking the final base and boost clocks.

Soldato
Personally, I'm already saving a bit towards this (there's mortgages and home improvements to pay for so saving required to get things past the financial controller :p ). Shaping up exceptionally well so far.

Associate
My 3770k at 4.2Ghz managed 1 minute 19 seconds which isn't bad, but its also good to know that when I do upgrade I will get a hefty performance boost :)

SYgHwWf.png

It looks like my 3770K might finally be replaced as main desktop pc come early next year if things continue to look this promising for Zen. Not used AMD on my main system since x3 720 be, which I do still have in another pc.

Anyway 3770K @ 4.5

150 = 1min 8secs

Back
Top Bottom