Best seated VR games/experiences?

Associate
A friend of mine is confined to a wheelchair and I'm trying to compile a list of the best seated experiences on offer. He currently has a Vive.

If you could all chime in with any ideas and/or your favourites, that would be great.

Soldato
Elite dangerous has to be a great start. If you just treat it as a space simulator it is great. Once you add in combat, exploration, trading etc it is even better.

Some people will just say it's a grind-fest and the gameplay is shallow. Both are fair criticisms but only if your sole aim is a finish line. Enjoy the journey.

Depending on your friends movement range, voice command will help with a lot of elements so that may be helpful as well.

Soldato
Elite dangerous has to be a great start. If you just treat it as a space simulator it is great. Once you add in combat, exploration, trading etc it is even better.

Some people will just say it's a grind-fest and the gameplay is shallow. Both are fair criticisms but only if your sole aim is a finish line. Enjoy the journey.

Depending on your friends movement range, voice command will help with a lot of elements so that may be helpful as well.

^This, get a hotas x for full experience. Also try project cars. Google earth vr.

Associate
Any of the multitude of space, flight or driving sims...if they can stomach it. Just get the appropriate HOTAS or wheel controllers (although pedals may be a problem for driving?)

As mentioned Google Earth is fantastic and can probably work great in a seated position (I normally use it standing tbh, or I'd probably lose my lunch).

They could also have a look at *cough* 180/360 video "content".:D

Associate
OP
It seems Elite Dangerous is quite popular ( I found it rather empty for my taste - yes I know it's set in space :p ) so I'll recommend it and see what he thinks.

I haven't tried the 180/360 videos myself yet, so we can feel ill together with those.

Thanks guys!

Can anyone recommend a good player for the 180/360 videos?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom