TV Licence Super Thread

Caporegime
I'm not a FTOL lunatic. I don't wear a tinfoil hat or believe in the reptilians.

I've lived here 7 months and this is at least the 10th letter I have had from the TVL, all with varying degrees of "threat". I don't watch TV, my TV is not tuned, I don't even have a connector on the end of my coax cable.

tvl.jpg

Yawn. Just send someone around if you are that bothered TVL, why waste months on all the "hold me back boys!" rubbish. Lost count of the number of times I've seen that stupid "VISIT APPROVED" stamp :p

Is almost believable.. Until you get to the stamp!
I haven't had this one yet. But I'm into month 7.can't wait

Soldato
I'm not a FTOL lunatic. I don't wear a tinfoil hat or believe in the reptilians.

I've lived here 7 months and this is at least the 10th letter I have had from the TVL, all with varying degrees of "threat". I don't watch TV, my TV is not tuned, I don't even have a connector on the end of my coax cable.

Yawn. Just send someone around if you are that bothered TVL, why waste months on all the "hold me back boys!" rubbish. Lost count of the number of times I've seen that stupid "VISIT APPROVED" stamp :p

Have you actually told them you don't need a licence? I filled out the form a year or so ago and haven't had any hassle at all.

Soldato
Have you actually told them you don't need a licence? I filled out the form a year or so ago and haven't had any hassle at all.

Probably more fun getting them to waste money on postage and materials. Get them to visit several times wasting their time.

All you have to do is sit back and get on with your life as normal. No point engaging.

And you get some amusement out of it.

Soldato
Apparently telling them you don't need a licence can cause even more hassle. Better off with your address being in the large pool of people who don't pay and don't tell them. I guess it depends if your poor or not :p

Soldato
Wait to the 5 year mark and hope you get lucky.

I put in my official complaint about TV Licencing. Got this response "If you are making a complaint we'll need time to fully investigate it and you will receive a response within 8 working days." Currently on day 5.

Last edited:
Associate
Wait to the 5 year mark and hope you get lucky.

I put in my official complaint about TV Licencing. Got this response "If you are making a complaint we'll need time to fully investigate it and you will receive a response within 8 working days." Currently on day 5.

Who did you complain to?
If it was to tv licence muppets, now they've got your name & I bet things get pushed further than in the past.

Soldato
Apparently telling them you don't need a licence can cause even more hassle. Better off with your address being in the large pool of people who don't pay and don't tell them. I guess it depends if your poor or not :p

If you bought a new TV then they have your details anyway.

If I get persistent hassle after a few years despite me telling them I don't need a licence then I fully intend to make life hard for them. I'll invoice for wasted time, the lot.

Doubt it will come to that!

Soldato
Who did you complain to?
If it was to tv licence muppets, now they've got your name & I bet things get pushed further than in the past.
They already have my name and address like I said before I filled out the form to say I don't need a licence, let the inspectors in e.c.t Which worked for the first 5 years until I think it was 2013 when they changed tactics. Now they started contacting and threating me up to a weekly basics in some months I don't see how they can push it further. As far as I can see I only have two options left complain and hope they stop or take them to court for the persistent hassle.

If I get persistent hassle after a few years despite me telling them I don't need a licence then I fully intend to make life hard for them. I'll invoice for wasted time, the lot.

Doubt it will come to that is just what I said in the distance past.

Soldato

Retailers don't pass on records of who buys TVs any more.

Caporegime

Have you told them you don't need one?

It's what I done, I even got a refund when I told them I hadn't watched TV in 3 months or so. Was like £50 or so.

Soldato

tvl.jpg

That stamp hahahahahaha

Soldato
Out of interest, if you're not in when they come round, do they post something through your door to say they've been?
Yes and sometimes they come around and post things even if you are in. I don't mean the postman sometimes the inspectors walk to the door and post hand written things without even knocking.

Caporegime
Yes and sometimes they come around and post things even if you are in. I don't mean the postman sometimes the inspectors walk to the door and post hand written things without even knocking.

I wonder if that is a deliberate tactic to scare a whole bunch of people at once or simply done if they're feeling a bit lazy that day - I guess, in terms of careers, it is at about the same level as DHL delivery driver

Associate
But the question is, where do Capita get recruits for Enforcement Officers roles, surely new recruits must know they're applying for the most hated job in the world. The turnover of staff must be horrendous.

Back
Top Bottom