I saw Ryzen launch in San Francisco! (Photo Heavy)

OcUK Staff
For those that follow me on Twitter, you may have seen that I secretly flew over to Trumpland and signed many digital and hand written NDAs, basically signing my life away to ensure that Ryzen was private until launch day. - I couldn't even mention that I was going abroad, so a lot of people assumed I was in Blackpool, which I was originally for a magic convention, and cut it short to fly over the pond.

I wanted to share with you all my personal photos from the event, from the US it's self to the AMD event. I don't think many people would have done this, so here is a bit of the behind the scenes as it were, with what I got up to. I hope you enjoy.

First of all, I just want to point out that the event itself was extremely organised, and AMD have worked extremely hard for many years, to create such a great product, and also this launch event. They looked after me very well, so props to them for that. :)

I was put onto the 29th Floor of the Grand Hyatt hotel, and the room was lovely, with a nice bed, automatic shade blinds, dress room, and a bathroom. I even had a Ryzen keycard!

MIpJtCU.jpg

Qb4SlVq.jpg

fjnZF2F.jpg

UG0gOof.jpg

As I arrived early, I had some free time to myself to enjoy San Francisco, so I visited Google, got wet at the Golden Gate Bridge, saw some Mustangs, walked around Chinatown, and also had a traditional breakfast in one of the local diners.

XMRHfCH.jpg

j28rKKs.jpg

0PXRncY.jpg

I actually ate in Chinatown for dinner one evening too, it was very tasty, unfortunately I only have this one photo of one of the main streets there.

vfoxWA8.jpg

Visited Google too.

Txx7bEO.jpg

Saw some nice cars also.

krzUXJl.jpg

Z4RjRiA.jpg

5OWUEk0.jpg

And here is one of me getting soaked in the rain the day I went to the bridge! #

UmSN21k.jpg

There are not many of these stores in the world, I was lucky to have a look around whilst I was there. Although I've touched thousands of Razer products before, it was still nice to see a PC hardware shop in one of the shopping malls!

fRxkON8.jpg

wHflIWj.jpg

RRswR3w.jpg

Vz1Kad8.jpg

Now onto the main point of the thread. Ryzen. - I will show you may photos from the event first, and will let you know my brief thoughts after, I am still under NDA for a lot of stuff, so I need to be careful in what I can say.

Here are some of the motherboards, there were lots on display, but no doubt you have seen most of them online now, or even have them already on pre-order! :)

AMBMK0r.jpg

wL05Heq.jpg

PxI5DDZ.jpg

d1Swrua.jpg

yko0YwI.jpg

OGNyfYR.jpg

When announcing Ryzen, Lisa Su, the CEO of AMD showed this slide and it made myself proud that we made the slide for one of the main companies taking pre-orders for the processor and motherboards along with other companies across the world!

BKMvT39.jpg

oLhyTo6.jpg

34neQMB.jpg

gydtbSS.jpg

IWOClJU.jpg

9cJqoUB.jpg

We've had a Ryzen PC for quite some time, and we were proud that it was displayed at this event too.

72Zzngq.jpg

There were not many PCs that were showing off high-end hardlined watercooled PCs!

The afterparty ended up in a cloud, because we were that high up!

VHXnCcZ.jpg

The Ryzen jacket was given to me to keep which was nice, it is a very good quality jacket, so here, have a selfie! Oops, I mean #Selfie! (In the toilet too, aren't you guys lucky! ;))

HJPCRtA.jpg

My favourite drink of the evening was this that was one special... I maybe a little bias though. ;)

DqFBBuy.jpg

As most of you know, I perform magic, and I performed to some of the head guys of AMD and other companies that were at the party. Here is one of me performing to Raja, who is the senior vice president of AMD Radeon!

5bsnnf9.jpg

To finish off the thread, here are some photos of when I went around the Pier.

I got my magic fix over in San Francisco, so that was nice!

N30cMcu.jpg

Tw2JEyR.jpg

xU2AqGn.jpg

pB32dHn.jpg

If this was GTA... I'd be driving over this ramp!

Emaj6cM.jpg

kqzfCEh.jpg

The last photo is a very rare photo of me using the latest HTC VIVE II. You saw it here first guys!

hSuTci2.jpg

Overall, I had a brilliant time. But when it comes down to Ryzen, I can see this being extremely popular, and no doubt this has brought competition back in the industry, which is great for everyone. Personally I can see the 1700 being the chip at the sweet spot, you can just buy one of those and overclock it, and job done, you get incredible performance for the money.

The price point, the performance and the whole package of the Ryzen is incredible, and seeing it first hand at the event, it really is.

I listened to the Press really firing hard questions at AMD to try and catch them out on something, and you know what... AMD were so transparent and truthful, there was nothing to catch them out on.

They clearly had passion behind the product, which is what makes this new CPU so great, they have clearly spent a lot of time, and have put in so much effort in it, they really truly believe Ryzen is going to be great. And you know what... I have to agree with them! - And it seems like the Press do too! - I really hope customers see this for themselves also.

Welcome back AMD, it feels like you're coming in aggressive and strong, just like the good ol' days!

Last edited:
Associate
Ignoring the AMD hype, which is difficult and I'm loving at the moment anyway :D, this thread makes me want to go to San Francisco, it looks a very nice place.

OcUK Staff
OP
You get paid to do that?

I think I may have to reevaluate my career...

I didn't really share what I did out there work-wise, but yes. :)

Ignoring the AMD hype, which is difficult and I'm loving at the moment anyway :D, this thread makes me want to go to San Francisco, it looks a very nice place.

It is a very nice place, I wish I spent a few days longer there! :)

Back
Top Bottom