• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD "Zen" thread (inc AM4/APU discussion) ***

Associate
Roll on the 3rd though! I dont think my nerves can take much more.... I had some DDR4 3200 C14 2x8GB in my basket last night whilst browsing for components in bed (competitor) for like £91 and thought i'd buy it in the morning. woke up, back upto full price!!!! Then today I read that AMD have updated the MC so now we can buy and use DDR4 3800. I was poised to buy a new AIO because corsair was slacking, but today you can buy a bracket..... I want my new shineys as soon after release as possible, this 2500k needs to be put to bed. I'm fighting with myself not to buy parts early right now. I havent been this excited about building a new PC for a VERY long time.

Associate
No BIOS updates for the Asrock Taichi yet, hope they update them for better RAM support before they start shipping :o Although maybe it already supports higher than 2666mhz and the manual is just being conservative?

http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X370 Taichi/index.asp#BIOS

this may be the board im going with because of the 10 satas, im hoping for a bios update asap too as id like to use corsair lpx 3000

Associate
this may be the board im going with because of the 10 satas, im hoping for a bios update asap too as id like to use corsair lpx 3000

What you using that many drives for? Video editing/storage or some kind of uber NAS?

I'll be doing a computer rotation, Ryzen will become my main PC for gaming and video editing, current 2500k will become my NAS / HTPC, and my FX6300 will be given to my friend :) Just hoping the parts aren't delayed too much, I have sod all to do this weekend but I have a feeling I won't make the first batch as I didn't order my 1700X and mobo until Saturday...

Back
Top Bottom