• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Digital River are the reseller/merchant here. I'm abstaining just for that reason, their handling of the Vive sales was atrocious.

Will wait for OCUK to sell.

And play Zelda in the meantime.... woops!

Soldato
Well to me it seems odd to offer preorder on a product that nobody knows how it performs other than Jen Hsun saying "is fast m8, proper fast". I think people would like to know what they're buying, no?

Totally agree, the way I see if, I've chucked the pre-order in, if the FE edition cooler doesn't deliver or the card is not as claimed, it will go back. I certainly won't lose any sleep over it.

Soldato
I have said before on here to switch no one believed me very much that vendors were left in the dark by nvidia for the Ti for a long time . least they have 1080 PCB they can use for the Ti chips etc etc .
Guessing also down to nvidia waiting on Vega details , and acted fast themselves to bring it out . again vendors had mailing about first draft pricing a week before its unveiling ....

Soldato
I just assumed you had facts, I got that impression, my mistake.

I'm disappointed, someone talking stuff on a forum when they don't know anything about it - what is the world coming to...:rolleyes:

Soldato
Pre-ordered as a placeholder, but may cancel once we know more. Nvidia are really doing a number on retailers.

Does the FE have a backplate? I'm struggling to find a picture of the back.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Who do you mean by them?

He's talking about Digital River. When they were dealing Vives, they messed up a lot of transactions. They took £1 from me, then tried to take the full whack at 1am on a Sunday morning which my bank (and a large volume of other people's) rejected under suspected fraud. They tried taking it again then just cancelled the order when the money wouldn't transfer. No contact from them whatsoever.
When it all got sorted people lost their place in the queue for them and had to re-order.

Back
Top Bottom