• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD "Zen" thread (inc AM4/APU discussion) ***

Associate
They had a Titan XP on there as well. I wonder how much actually survived that drop.

Ouch. I know accidents happen etc, but I feel like he's got the point now where he doesn't care too much as he's got sponsored hardware coming out of his ass, I've cringed a few times recently watching him treat expensive hardware pretty poorly.

Soldato
Ouch. I know accidents happen etc, but I feel like he's got the point now where he doesn't care too much as he's got sponsored hardware coming out of his ass, I've cringed a few times recently watching him treat expensive hardware pretty poorly.

Tell me about it... I can't handle the way some of these youtubers handle gear.
Not even Kaapstad with this quad Titan X's would let stuff like that happen.

In fact Linus dropped their Fury X card before they could even review it as well haha.

Associate
It's the same sort of statement that was doing the rounds with Piledriver, Intel obviously had higher performance but the AMD fans were saying that AMD 'felt smoother'. I'd take it with a pinch of salt since most of them have long since switched to Intel.

You and me both and I own a 7700k. And guess what. I have no stuttering issues whatsoever. Funnily enough reflecting the reviews of Kabylake, just excellent gaming performance with no issues. Draw your own conclusions ;)

Cheers guys, have to agree. It certainly seems to explain the lack of pre-launch gaming benchmarks.

Associate

Its just STUFF .......if its free and you had lots of it would you really care ...agree with you still make me cringe too

Soldato
Just popping by to drop this in, not come across this guy before and he's so infomercially it's amusing but he is very no nonsensey. If it's already here, sorry about that, haven't looked back through the thread yet :D

Associate
Just popping by to drop this in, not come across this guy before and he's so infomercially it's amusing but he is very no nonsensey. If it's already here, sorry about that, haven't looked back through the thread yet :D

Another video showing a Ryzen at 4Ghz with better minimum's than the 7700K at 5Ghz.

Associate
Its just STUFF .......if its free and you had lots of it would you really care ...agree with you still make me cringe too

Saying it's 'stuff' doesn't really mean anything, I wasn't insinuating he was murdering anyone. Just that I've watched his video's for years and he certainly doesn't seem to care much now in regards to the hardware :) I have no idea mate, I'm not in that situation but I sure hope I wouldn't.

Associate
Saying it's 'stuff' doesn't really mean anything, I wasn't insinuating he was murdering anyone. Just that I've watched his video's for years and he certainly doesn't seem to care much now in regards to the hardware :) I have no idea mate, I'm not in that situation but I sure hope I wouldn't.

Stuff murder :eek:

I am struggling to answer... as i am chilled.. had a fair few ales.. and now on the gin & tonic and trying to watch this vid and type this...

...i have to stop ....

Associate
Soldato
1700 is definitely making the most sense for overclocking. Only thing that happens when you get the 1700x and 1800x is you get less money to spend on the rest of your rig. They're all capping out at the same place.

With the savings from not getting a 1800x you get most of the money for the apparently needed expensive mobo.

Soldato
Looks like Gibbo was spot on. If you're going to manually overclock get the 1700, all the performance for 60% of the price. Given the expected of the socket a decent motherboard makes sense, you can always drop in the last of the Zen generation as an upgrade and get 5+ years out of it.

Soldato

It's become his "thing", pretty sure it's just a thing that makes him stand out from other reviewers now and he knows it.

Associate
if i get the 1700, do i have to change a bunch of settings from stock just to get it to run stable? im not talking overclocking, just to get it to perform well and stable, is it gimped out of the box?

Back
Top Bottom