• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD "Zen" thread (inc AM4/APU discussion) ***

Associate
also the 7700K seems to have a little stuttering in some games.

Oh this smoothness thing :) i think AMD have a feature that they do not even know about ..if its true its taken Ryzen to show how bad Intels are

What i would like done is run set benchmarks like division run and get a high speed camera one that can rec the frames higher than the pc is rendering and rec both Ryzen and Intel and analyse the footage and see if one is smoother than the other or which one as more hick ups ..........I think AMD has the smoothness special hp sauce :)

Associate
3Ghz memory on that system.

1700 @ 3.9Ghz
7700K @ 5Ghz

At 720P at around 150 FPS there is a 10 FPS difference to the 7700K, thats pretty bloody good, had that been the results with all reviewers we would be having a very different conversation right now.

There is either something fishy going on or its a motherboard thing joker is on the gigabyte 5 board i see reviews with issues are on msi / asus need to varify this ...

tbh i am not sure what is going on ...its such a shame really as i want AMD to do well as they have something great here with Ryzen but some of these reviews is not doing them any good ...

Soldato
Oh no....... what's next CGA 640×200 :)

Next step going to be IGP performance, and write off completely the 1700 because it doesn't have an IGP......

This is a farse. Instead of cracking up the resolutions to show how much more powerful the CPU is, they lower them down to allow for the higher clocked 7700K (by 1.1Ghz!!!!!!) show off.

They should add a new benchmark. Put both CPUs playing the same games, and on the back having a BR disk rendering.

Lets see who's better..... And please don't overclock the 1700K, leave it at stock speed.

Soldato
For some reason he's done DX11 on the Ryzen and DX12 on the i7 in tomb raider. That just seems extremely odd and obviously will favour one over the other as DX12 is multi-threaded which can be seen clearly with the i7 pegged at 100% cpu most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom