• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD "Zen" thread (inc AM4/APU discussion) ***

Associate
If results stay the same over the coming months per TwsT's thread the 1800x and 1700x are looking largely pointless.

true in some ways which is great for bang for buck... its been a while you could pay less for a cpu and push it more than expensive ones... i went for the 1800x because im sad and want to see how far i can push it under custom water setups :) i should get out more :D

Associate
If you are able to sit on the fence for 1 or 2 months then do so ...things may change in the 1080p department once the scheduler is resolved with the corret M$ driver ...you never know ..if you are in a rush buy Intel

Also the 6c 12t may offer more freq ..will have to wait and see
even with their problems pc's with ryzen cpus are still usable, i know that seems silly to ask but i have to after all the problems...

Associate
Has anyone benched/tested a 1800x today? Just wondering if it's still 20 degrees hotter than the 1700 or it was early bios and program reading problems?
I have my 1800x sat here but crosshair has been delayed AGAIN. it's still sealed up and seriously debating returning the 1800x for the 1700 but I can't bring myself to do it. I feel the 1800x must be better than the 1700 and it's just teething problems? Anyone else feel/think the same? Surely amd wouldn't mess this up so much and make a cheaper, lower tdp chip better/faster than a cheaper chip?!?!?!?!

Caporegime
Has anyone benched/tested a 1800x today? Just wondering if it's still 20 degrees hotter than the 1700 or it was early bios and program reading problems?
I have my 1800x sat here but crosshair has been delayed AGAIN but it's unwrapped and seriously debating returning the 1800x for the 1700 but I can't bring myself to do it. I feel the 1800x must be better than the 1700 and it's just teething problems? Anyone else feel/think the same? Surely amd wouldn't mess this up so much and make a cheaper, lower tdp chip better/faster than a cheaper chip?!?!?!?!

Check TwsT's thread below this one.

Associate
I have my 1800x sat here but crosshair has been delayed AGAIN. it's still sealed up and seriously debating returning the 1800x for the 1700 but I can't bring myself to do it. I feel the 1800x must be better than the 1700 and it's just teething problems? Anyone else feel/think the same? Surely amd wouldn't mess this up so much and make a cheaper, lower tdp chip better/faster than a cheaper chip?!?!?!?!

Just built with an 1800x what temps should I be looking for?

Associate

someone did put a post up with 1800x benches but im not sure if there are temps on it, when is your crosshair due ? mine is coming tomorrow so i can test temps but mine is going under water so im not sure if that is going to help.

Soldato
Is it just me or is the 1700 on the left just a whole lot smoother?
i think you may be right,
I'm thinking the same as you, I have the 1700x on order and thinking about changing it for the 1700 but have this niggling doubt that I should stick with the 1700x

Man of Honour
Man of Honour

Mine idles at 50c at present but case is missing 2 of the input fans (2 x corsair 140mm) and the H110i isnt software controlled yet. Under the blender benchmark I just posted it goes upto 70c for the 36s the test takes to run. This is at stock speeds.

Back
Top Bottom