• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD "Zen" thread (inc AM4/APU discussion) ***

Soldato
OK,a mate is showing some interest in a R7 1700(not really for gaming though) and he won't overclock. What is a solid board for him say at £80 to £150 currently??

He might be running it at full load for a few days(or a week or so) at a time. A decent number of SATA ports would be useful.

Permabanned
^ great achievement... Really force the last bit of performance from the Cpu lol
Hows Those Asrock motherboards looking ?? You had time to play about with them yet ??

I went asus due to... USB Ports..... Oculus rift with controllers and 3 cameras = 5 usb ports thats why i went with Asus with whole army of USB's

Soldato
From what i have been reading r7zen performs better on 7 i am about to build and test a ryzen build later tonight and test 7 vs 10

It'd make sense if the scheduler isn't as buggy. Right now if you leave SMT on you get a performance drop from bugs, if you turn it off you lose a ton of potential performance.

Soldato
It'd make sense if the scheduler isn't as buggy. Right now if you leave SMT on you get a performance drop from bugs, if you turn it off you lose a ton of potential performance.
On the Ryzen gaming thread in here, shows that Ryzen gets a hefty boost on gaming by up to 30% on windows 7 compared to 10.

When I have the stuff next week (waiting 8pack to give us some feedback on the Taichi), I will make an extensive benchmark list and differences. Since I am going to use 2 drivers each with different version of windows.
And also post benchmarks on speeds 3.9-4-4.1 regardless the power draw.
Since it is going straight away under the Predator 360

Man of Honour
OK,a mate is showing some interest in a R7 1700(not really for gaming though) and he won't overclock. What is a solid board for him say at £80 to £150 currently??

He might be running it at full load for a few days(or a week or so) at a time. A decent number of SATA ports would be useful.

Not a single issue so far with my Gigabyte B350 Gaming 3 (Only 6 SATA ports though)

Associate
A friend has mentioned (and he generally knows his stuff) that Ryzen has quite a few new instructions added to it's instruction set, which is why the performance isn't quite there yet. How much truth is there to that?

Associate

Hearing good things re MSI tomahawk ...problem not so many sata's

Soldato
Been seeing great results on other threads with the tomahawk and scramz on here is doing well with it too .....

Is it possible to use a pcix sata card with the ryzen to add more

It will be all run at stock since its bioinformatics type stuff,which runs for days at a time,maybe longer.

Although its not really required,do any motherboards support ECC memory,as IIRC the Ryzen IMC does support it(I think)?? If it doesn't its not a biggie since it is silly money anyway.

Back
Top Bottom