• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Associate
Did a clean re-install of windows and the new nvidia drivers today, well my wireless usb adapter isnt working properly (getting very slow speeds) and my screen sometimes looks like its gone kaput when restarting my pc

Caporegime
Ok i ran into a problem and its ******* me right off..........
not sure if its the card or the cable or the tv LOL

hdmi 2.0b out to hdmi 2.0a in from TI to LG OLED 6b

Everytime i connect the cable i get freezing windows then unfreeze for a split second to freeze again and the display on the tv is trying to engage keeps giving a picuture saying HDR then vanishes then comes back then vanishes.....
dont know how to fix it.. is there a bug with TI and LG b6 OLED ? when i do get a picuture before it vanishes i see sprites/sprinkles or white pixels then vanishes again.... then comes back lol
the cable i bought aswell is this one :
I cant see there being a issue with the cable unless its not a true 2.0a or 2.0b bandwith cable :

I've got issues with My B6V connected (via Denon receiver) since these new drivers.

My screens were going beserk and windows had that same freezing.

Pulled the HDMI cable out of the GPU and it's working fine. Think I'll roll back the drivers for now.

Man of Honour
Latest drivers just hardlock my game when playing ME:A, so I had to roll back to the ones at release. I can't imagine it's a hardware issue, and I doubt my setup is rare that they would not have tested it. It's a 1080..

Soldato
creators update fps increase
Before
Witcher 3 Maxed settings (Hairworks AA set to 4x not 8)
Lowest FPS 55
Average: 70
High: 83

After
Witcher 3
Lowest FPS 57
Average: 80
High: 102

Soldato
dont you have to win+g then hit the checkbox to enable within each game?
nope, you hit win+g to turn it off

Game Mode will default to enabled at the OS level, though can be switched off at any time. Despite that, it still needs to be manually activated for each game using the Game Bar, which you can pull up by pressing Windows-G. - though Microsoft says it's working with publishers and developers to allow some games to ship with Game Mode on by default.

the biggest problem i see with this is most gamers have Windows key turned off.. lol

Soldato
:confused:

Which is what I said.
its on by default in the OS, if you hit Windows+G you can turn it off.

this part
it still needs to be manually activated for each game using the Game Bar, which you can pull up by pressing Windows-G. - though Microsoft says it's working with publishers and developers to allow some games to ship with Game Mode on by default.
is only if the OS does not recognize it as a game. for example Witcher just worked. as did Overwatch. However you can set any app to game Mode. heck i even did it with Chrome.

it seems theirs small addition code, to add from the developer to tell the OS its an app that requires Game Priority.

so yes, its on by default at the OS but for Games that do not announce themselves as games Manual intervention is required

Back
Top Bottom