*** Nintendo Switch ***

Caporegime
I've had it out of the house once, stayed in Bournemouth last weekend and had with me my Anker 20100 battery. Playing Zelda and 2 nights in a row I managed to use the battery to around 15-20% before calling it a night to charge. At the end the battery still have more than 50% power left so if I left the house with a fully charged Switch to begin with I would expect the Switch to last 12-15 hours easy, 25 to 30 hours possible for less intensive games

Caporegime
Out of curiosity who has played the switch 'on the go' yet? I think the 'portable gaming' market has somewhat been killed by the smartphones (or at least my interest in it has been killed) but, in any case, the only opportunity you otherwise get is on the plane and on the train... handheld mode is mostly on the sofa :p

Yeah I have on the train, and in a couple of hotels. Worked pretty well.

My only criticism would be the stand, it's garbage.

Soldato
Yup. Developers have tweeted photos of "prime" meat etc. I can't see it not being in development tbh.
EDIT: They even tweeted a photo saying "PATIENCE" scrabble letters, all had "prime" numbers as the points :p

Sweet I didn't know about this, I am currently playing Metriod Prime Trilogy.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've brought mine to Canada , currently on the free wifi at Stanley cup playoffs in Calgary :D ...
On the plane it was amazing , I used the official case which also acts as a stand when on the go so you can use your joycon grip controller !
Out of curiosity who has played the switch 'on the go' yet? I think the 'portable gaming' market has somewhat been killed by the smartphones (or at least my interest in it has been killed) but, in any case, the only opportunity you otherwise get is on the plane and on the train... handheld mode is mostly on the sofa :p

Soldato

Well I brought mine to work today... does that count..? :p

I have only used mine as a portable up to now, albeit around the house.

Associate
I have mine to work today also. Also Missus was in hospital last week so I took it in and setup tabletop mode and we played 2 player tetris demo for a while. Was really good.

Associate
I use mine exclusively in docked mode. I know most people favour the portable aspect, but I just enjoy using it as a conventional console. The idea is to have the latest and greatest Nintendo exclusives, and a comprehensive library of retro favourites via the virtual console.

I don't do much travelling, and playing on the sofa in handheld mode seems pointless when I have a 46" TV. (Unless said TV is being used, in which case I'll use my computer monitor.)

Man of Honour

Almost exclusively. I've used it mostly handheld on planes and trains a bit but also around the house. I've may be played an hour on the TV.

Man of Honour
Tempted to pick up Wonder Boy The Dragon's Trap Remake, is which is released today. Want to get some classic Mastersystem goodness on the go!

Me too, in fact I'm pretty sure I'll buy this after I finish work tonight as a treat for myself. The reviews are looking good but the game is fairly pricey for the length of game I guess.

Soldato

I played it on a long train journey it made time fly by the only game i play on my phone is chess, I never really got into mobile gaming.

Soldato
Found it good to use on flights - fighting with my kids over who got to play Zelda! - and whilst away for the weekend (i.e. without dock) where the kids had a whole lot of fun playing 1-2-Switch :)
Waiting, patiently~ish, for Mario Kart on the 28th.....

Associate
Will mainly be a portable console for me, doubt I'd hardly use it in the dock but it's there for if I want to! I tend to go on a number of holidays throughout the year and I need my fix so I'm happy with this, it probably won't get touched when I'm home though but I suppose if you can play it anywhere it's a more logical choice.

Games wise I'm completely comfortable that it's only really Zelda at the moment, for the times when I will play it than it's go to know it's Nintendo as their exclusives always tend to be spot on... got a PS4 for 3rd party games anyway.

Back
Top Bottom