BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

Associate
1492098288540818355-mini.png

Associate
I've recently moved house, the cabinet I should connect to is full and i've joined the waiting list for it. Is there any way of finding out some sort of ETA for FTTC availability? My current line is ~3.5Mbs
I don't have access to virgin and FTTP isnt available either, is there anything I can do or is it just a case of waiting for a slot in the cabinet? I have others near me but i suspect that im not wired to them

Caporegime
If the cabinet is full then you'll either be waiting for someone to vacate a space by moving house of changing over to Virgin or a DSL service. Keep an eye out for any 'Sold' signs and check daily.

There may also be a small possibility that extra capacity may be planned or installed but this doesn't happen that often.

Associate
If the cabinet is full then you'll either be waiting for someone to vacate a space by moving house of changing over to Virgin or a DSL service. Keep an eye out for any 'Sold' signs and check daily.

There may also be a small possibility that extra capacity may be planned or installed but this doesn't happen that often.
As misschief has said, its unfortunately a waiting game. I had to wait over a year once i'd moved into my current property. One thing to note is that even though i was on a "waiting list", they did not notify me when capacity was available. I only found out by regularly checking myself.

Soldato
Has anyone bought a second youview+ box,say from ebay or somewhere similar and used that with their existing tv package on top of their existing box?

I have. You can't run the likes of BTsport or the iptv channels on both boxes at the same time as it knows your connected and setup on a box already. Not sure if you can pay extra for a second slot.

Newer box is much slicker though

APM

APM

Associate
I have. You can't run the likes of BTsport or the iptv channels on both boxes at the same time as it knows your connected and setup on a box already. Not sure if you can pay extra for a second slot.

Newer box is much slicker though

Thanks,

yes,it's fiver a month for the second box plus a £99 fee for the box itself.

maj

maj

Soldato
I am estimated to get 40/10 on Infinity 1 and 99.9% of the time I do get that or slightly higher whenever I do a speedtest. However I've noticed that any downloads seem to be capped at 5mb/sec. I noticed it was doing it the other night with a digital download on the PSN store (which at 40GB took awhile!) and I've just downloaded a test 1gb file from here only to get 5mb/s again. I know my download speed is limited by the upload speed of the source but to get 5mb on every download? Something doesn't seem right. BT can't find any faults whenever I speak to them about it. I am currently using wifi till I get ethernet sorted and have tried both 2 and 5ghz network on the router.

Back
Top Bottom