Spiced Rum Recommendation

Caporegime
money and quality of spirit isn't directly related.

i would just get him kraken tbh if that is what he likes.

i like vodka and whenever anyone asks me i tell them russian standard. grey goose, ciroc, crystal skull are all gimmicks IMO. the power of marketing.

Soldato

i like vodka and whenever anyone asks me i tell them russian standard. grey goose, ciroc, crystal skull are all gimmicks IMO. the power of marketing.
I found Ciroc nicer than the others

My favourite is not spiced but is a Dark rum - Gosling's Black Seal

Associate
I'd also give a mention to Havana Club 7 year old. I received a bottle at Christmas, it was very very good.

Havana Club Añejo 7 Años was the first Cuban extra aged rum that showed the world that rum could be drunk neat as well as enjoyed in cocktails.

It has an intense and complex aroma, with a palate of honey, vanilla, chocolate, cocoa, sweet tobacco, dry fruits and spicy notes. The finish is powerful and full-bodied.

Soldato
OP

Whilst I agree with this (and when it comes to vodka this is more true), sometimes money does talk. I like Jim Beam as a bourbon however James E Pepper 1776 is a far nicer drink.

Associate
Big fan of spiced rum, got quite a collection now too!

Kraken is somewhere in the middle between the sweeter/spicier and more rummy (for lack of a better word) rums.

There's a load that's readily available at the moment in most of the big supermarkets, all ranging across the spectrum. some I'd recommend checking out are:

Captain Morgan's Spiced Gold
Red Leg Spiced
Rumbullion
Old Spiced J
Sailor Jerrys
Bacardi Oakheart

If you're after something a lil more difficult to get but worth it, check out these:

Ron de Jeremy Spiced
Pink Pigeon
Westrock spiced
Pussers Spiced and Pussers old navy Grog

And if you're looking to splash out on an awesome bottle of something special (50 Quid):

Captian Morgans 1671 Commerative blend

captain-morgan-1671-rum-214x500.jpg

Soldato
OP
Big fan of spiced rum, got quite a collection now too!

Kraken is somewhere in the middle between the sweeter/spicier and more rummy (for lack of a better word) rums.

There's a load that's readily available at the moment in most of the big supermarkets, all ranging across the spectrum. some I'd recommend checking out are:

Captain Morgan's Spiced Gold
Red Leg Spiced
Rumbullion
Old Spiced J
Sailor Jerrys
Bacardi Oakheart

If you're after something a lil more difficult to get but worth it, check out these:

Ron de Jeremy Spiced
Pink Pigeon
Westrock spiced
Pussers Spiced and Pussers old navy Grog

And if you're looking to splash out on an awesome bottle of something special (50 Quid):

Captian Morgans 1671 Commerative blend
Thanks for those!

My vote would be for Plantation 20th Anniversary, either that or the Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva.
https://www.plantationrum.com/plantation-xo-20st-anniversary/
Yeah someone I used to work with raved about Diplomatico.

Back
Top Bottom