Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7 Where are they?

Associate
Before trying this I wanted to see if it was something Gigabyte support were aware of - apparently not. Didn't want to break the board even more.

I'm on the MSI now, the BIOS and utilities are YEARS ahead of the Gigabyte. Much much better quality. RAM running at 2933Mhz no problem, no issues whatsoever.

Hello FirebarUK, we are sorry to lose your business. We had our courier waiting to pick up the board as agreed so we could test your main and back up BISO and fix if needed, guess you changed your mind. We have also taken your opinions on our BIOS and software and forwarded them to our R&D so they can compare with the versions you like so much more.

If you would like to PM us with more detailed feedback technically on what you prefer about the software and BIOS, we will of course also feed this back to our R&D. We are also testing your memory with the latest BIOS to ensure compatibility.

Soldato
Hello FirebarUK, we are sorry to lose your business. We had our courier waiting to pick up the board as agreed so we could test your main and back up BISO and fix if needed, guess you changed your mind. We have also taken your opinions on our BIOS and software and forwarded them to our R&D so they can compare with the versions you like so much more.

If you would like to PM us with more detailed feedback technically on what you prefer about the software and BIOS, we will of course also feed this back to our R&D. We are also testing your memory with the latest BIOS to ensure compatibility.

Hi GIGA-Man, I reached out to the email address to request the pickup. I'm still interested in using the board, I just think other than physically it's a bit of a rush job and I need to board to keep this machine running. Will PM you some further feedback.

Edit -- looks like PM's are turned off.

Edit 2 -- GIGA-Man, thanks for the offer of support here. I've actually decided to return the board regardless as I'm happy with the BIOS quality of the MSI. I hope the Gigabyte stuff improves, nice board other than the software.

Last edited:
Associate
Before trying this I wanted to see if it was something Gigabyte support were aware of - apparently not. Didn't want to break the board even more.

I'm on the MSI now, the BIOS and utilities are YEARS ahead of the Gigabyte. Much much better quality. RAM running at 2933Mhz no problem, no issues whatsoever.
Cool glad youre sorted now!

I don't know why GIGA support don't know about it. Its been on their own forums for years in loads of threads. I used it a couple of years back on z170 board as well.

As there's a rep here maybe they could pass on to support.

Associate
Quick question for you guys. I removed the 2 plastic bits around the CPU socket to check something, I am fitting back on are the screws the long black ones with bit of silver at the bottom.

So many screws they have gotten mixed up

Soldato
Quick question for you guys. I removed the 2 plastic bits around the CPU socket to check something, I am fitting back on are the screws the long black ones with bit of silver at the bottom.

So many screws they have gotten mixed up

Got it sorted? But no, they should be large silver screws iirc.

Associate
Anyone having an issue where the K7 will boot into BIOS every time, even if you don't press Del?

I have to "Exit without saving" (since I change nothing) to get it to continue to boot normally.

There aren't any issues, nor is the BIOS resetting due to unstable clocks or anything. It just acts as if I've hit Del on every boot up.

Soldato
Finally got K5/1600/580 working. Have one of the very first retail versions of win10 and AM4 hates it ! Got to about anniversary build before it played nicely and then forced update to one build above creators edition which is just buggy, also 17.4.4 drivers doesn't help and benches can't be validated .... But

Xmp of corsair lxp 3000mhz 16GB whixhbisnt officially support works perfectly now , with latest bios as well :)

Aorus cards and boards just look perfect together.

Will be experimenting by striping off stock phase thermal pads with uprated ones to check temps

Associate
@AllBodies Update the backup bios to F3 too .

Will stop the issue + the denied rom update that some have had. Me been one of them.

Thanks for the advice, I'll update it now and see if it stops. I also did notice the Denied ROM thing in the BIOS too, so sounds like it's an identical issue.

EDIT: Hmm so I've updated both BIOSes to F3, but I still have the same problem? Always boots to BIOS, and the ROM denied thing.

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks for the advice, I'll update it now and see if it stops. I also did notice the Denied ROM thing in the BIOS too, so sounds like it's an identical issue.

EDIT: Hmm so I've updated both BIOSes to F3, but I still have the same problem? Always boots to BIOS, and the ROM denied thing.

Does this happy with all the BIOS defaults loaded too?

Associate
Does this happen with all the BIOS defaults loaded too?

Yes the ROM error, and it booting to BIOS, is on both BIOS's.

i.e. BIOS 1 and the backup BIOS 2, which are now both F3. One is all at defaults, one has clock/voltage changes.

I did some further googling and it seems this may be somehow related to the windows 10 creators update, or XMP memory profiles, or something? I found some posts on the official Gigabyte forums saying you guys are aware of the problem, and can recreate it, and you're working on a fix?

Everything works fine, just that I have to "Exit without saving" in the BIOS every boot up. So if the only complete fix is to wait for BIOS F3b/F4, I don't mind too much.

Soldato
Yes the ROM error, and it booting to BIOS, is on both BIOS's.

i.e. BIOS 1 and the backup BIOS 2, which are now both F3. One is all at defaults, one has clock/voltage changes.

I did some further googling and it seems this may be somehow related to the windows 10 creators update, or XMP memory profiles, or something? I found some posts on the official Gigabyte forums saying you guys are aware of the problem, and can recreate it, and you're working on a fix?

Everything works fine, just that I have to "Exit without saving" in the BIOS every boot up. So if the only complete fix is to wait for BIOS F3b/F4, I don't mind too much.

WIN 10 Creators is a real pain! which build are you on? There's another build on from it, again have to force it. I believe Creators is 1605 build and new one is 1705. I jumped from Anniversary to this one, haven't had any issues with Motherboard or its software with K5 but GPU Software and Benchmarks are a right pain!
Least Corsair LXP 3000mhx 16GB which isn't support by Gigabte works with XMP with this Win Build version :D

Associate
WIN 10 Creators is a real pain! which build are you on? There's another build on from it, again have to force it. I believe Creators is 1605 build and new one is 1705. I jumped from Anniversary to this one, haven't had any issues with Motherboard or its software with K5 but GPU Software and Benchmarks are a right pain!
Least Corsair LXP 3000mhx 16GB which isn't support by Gigabte works with XMP with this Win Build version :D

I'm on 1703 right now.

Back
Top Bottom