My "New" Car

Soldato
Mine was an old version of that. Had it set up with a reversing camera and everything on my old Focus ST :D

Bought it for about £750, sold for £220 5 years later.

Soldato
looks good, clean looking example and that milage is nothing, good choice!

would love an mx5 but i need bootspace and seats and to split to 2 cars would leave me with a pair of rust buckets :(

Caporegime
OP
Lovely looking car, definitely the best looking MX5. Enjoy :)
looks good, clean looking example and that milage is nothing, good choice!

would love an mx5 but i need bootspace and seats and to split to 2 cars would leave me with a pair of rust buckets :(

Cheers,

I feel like a kid on Xmas eve :p...Looking forward to some nice weather tomorrow and taking it for a really good spin on the country lanes :)

Think I have decide on DMX7017DABS looks decent for £399

8Dpp61x.png

Last edited:
Associate
looks ace mate - moved from a similar mk3.5 MX5 RC (mine was 2012 sport black edition) to M135i and quite miss the mx5. Sure the 135i has mental performance compared to the MX5, but in other respects I honestly think I prefer driving the MX5 (135i REALLY needs a LSD as standard), but I also enjoy being able to carry a bike (and a friend or 2 and their bikes), so I find the M135i a great balance of usability and performance (but I admit, it doesn't feel as "fun" - but SOOO much safer than the bum-twitching fear of driving along the motorway with the top down past multiple lorries, feeling like an ant, in the MX5) - if I didn't want to bike anywhere away from home, then sure, I'd be back in 1 tomorrow... I occasionally wonder if I could get a cheap early mk3 mx5 as a summer/track car if I ever had the spare cash...

Last edited:
Soldato
As someone who has a double din Chinese radio I recommend you buy a any well know make for three times money and save a lot of hassle. - Don't spoil a nice car with crap aftermarket stuff.

Soldato
Yeah good point...I defo want apple air play and android auto...The Alpine ILX700 looks good but its only Apple air play.

the alpine stuff is decent enough, tis what i'm running, although wasnt too fussed on android auto as all i needed was voice command for music and built in nav.

funny i'm one of the few people who buys a dab radio for a car and doesn't know or care if its actually plugged in :D

Soldato
I added one of these to the stock system on my MX5 MK3 Coupe (Its the sports version of yours before they renamed it sports tech)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Bluet...315522?hash=item19fa49afc2:g:DWUAAOSwq7JUIF0S

Sounds like your looking to go the extra step but it works well apart from the sound needing to be turned up on my Android phone when someone calls, my friends iPhone didn't have the issue though so its probably just an issue with its compatibility with my OnePlus 2.

Back
Top Bottom