am I the only one that gets bored of a case?

Associate
is it just me or is there others that get the same way?
Ive got the Phanteks Enthoo pro M I like the case but... I fancy a change..

Ive got a thing about the NZXT S340 or the Phanteks P400
I know these would mean I would need to ditch my Blu-Ray drive but my thoughts there is..

when was the last time I used it?... Months ago!!
what for?.... to burn a software CD..

I could live with a USB drive Im sure...

Associate
I want a enthoo pro m, so if you wanna give it to me ill happily take it xD

Btw wich model do you have?The normal or the tempered glass one? im unsure between a Pro m glass or a aerocool p7-c1

hows the pro m overral??

nzxt 340 elite
p400s is nice
aerocool p7-c1
Corsair 460x
Inwin 303

So many sexy cases :O

Last edited by a moderator:
Caporegime
Problem is, too many nice cases out there!! I just bought a Caselabs S5, looks incredible even though I won't be building it (WC build, my first) for a few months at least!! It'll happily sit in its box til then :D

Associate
OP
When I've done builds in the past I buy the case I like at the time but then after being on here looking at others project build I all of a sudden change my mind and want another case :p

I built a system up for my lad using the S340 and it is a really nice case to work with.
It also has a better dust filter on the front which I like better than the one on the front of my current case.
My only gripe with it is I could only fit 2 x 120mm fans on the front. but it is a smaller case than my current one.

the P400 I could fit 3 x 120mm fans on the front like my current case it is a bit smaller but no ODD bay.
Im not sure if the dust filter on it would be as much use as the one on the NZXT case.

nzxt 340 elite
p400s is nice
aerocool p7-c1
Corsair 460x
Inwin 303

So many sexy cases :O

I must admit... Ive looked at a few video reviews of the P400s and I really do like it..
My machine is pretty silent and this would possibly make it even more so.
I would like to know users thoughts on the dust filters if there any good. the one on the Phanteks Enthoo pro M is pretty poor as there is a gap between the fans and the filter.
dont get me wrong its not the worst but I find I need to dust it more than I would like..

Last edited:
Associate
I always try and get the best case for whatever I'm trying to achieve at the time but with new cases being released all the time I end up changing cases quite often.

Last year for example I bought 5 cases but I'm hoping what I have now will last me for a while as it got very expensive last year.

Soldato
In the garage I have:

Corsair 550D
Corsair 250D
Corsair Air 240
Phanteks Pro M
Phanteks Evolv mATX
Parvum S2.5 Extended (360mm)
Parvum Veer 1.0
NZXT Manta (Two of them, white & black and red & black)
ThermalTake Level 10 GT Limited Edition

Just doing a new build now on another Parvum (X2.0) with a couple of custom bits :S - Mrs is going to hit the roof when it arrives :/

Associate
OP
when I bought my lad the S340 he had the crosshair v formula z board with the FX8350
Ive upgraded him to an Asus z97 Gryphon Armour mATX board with my old 4770k so kind of wish I had held off and got him a mATX case.

Might see about a cheap mATX case for him and stick my system in the S340..

Man of Honour
I lack the motivation to get bored of a case lol - too much hassle migrating a system. I do like my 540 Air though not got bored of that but I am a sucker for a nice looking case and sometimes considered a whole new build just because I like the look of a case.

Associate
OP
I lack the motivation to get bored of a case lol - too much hassle migrating a system. I do like my 540 Air though not got bored of that but I am a sucker for a nice looking case and sometimes considered a whole new build just because I like the look of a case.
I like the look of the 540 but it wouldn't fit where my system sits. I would need a new desk to go with the 540....

Associate
Love the look of the 540. But won't touch a case with plastic window now I've used glass. If they update it I'll be all over it!

Associate
Not just you, got a silverstone ML08 sfx case and couldn't stop looking at it. Now I've seen the Bitfenix Portal and decide I want a piece of it. I'd like to investigate the part of the human brain responsible for these irrational urges lol.

Associate
OP
picked up a white NZXT H440
Im not a lover of it but my lad likes it so hes getting the H440 and ill take his S340
This should keep me happy for a little while until I find a Fractal Design Define C

Associate
Tend to change mine every 18-24 months but I prefer mine to have a depth of 450mm or less

Had the Silverstone Sugo SG09 before getting the Phanteks Evolv and a Silverstone SG05 before that

Back
Top Bottom