***21.9 Ultrawide Thread***

Associate
Tried the Power off setting within the OSD?
Don't think there is one, there is a power setting for the USB ports to remain active.
It's probably simple and I have checked the 5000 page multi language "quick start" guide but I'm all honesty I'm just being lazy because the menu navigation is a bit of a pain.

Soldato
Don't think there is one, there is a power setting for the USB ports to remain active.
It's probably simple and I have checked the 5000 page multi language "quick start" guide but I'm all honesty I'm just being lazy because the menu navigation is a bit of a pain.

I checked my OSD and can't see one either though i dont have this problem i was looking as mine doesnt turn off when windows is supposed to put the display to sleep, something i don't want is the screen staying on whilst i sleep. However this has only happened since windows creators update. You didn't happen to upgrade to that at the same time as your screen did you :)?

Soldato

This page here http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/acer-...qhd-curved-g-sync-monitor,review-33543-3.html says "Power-off shuts down the monitor when no signal is present. Reset returns all settings to their factory defaults. Power-off USB charge leaves the ports active so you can charge devices when the display is powered down."

Associate
I checked my OSD and can't see one either though i dont have this problem i was looking as mine doesnt turn off when windows is supposed to put the display to sleep, something i don't want is the screen staying on whilst i sleep. However this has only happened since windows creators update. You didn't happen to upgrade to that at the same time as your screen did you :)?
I only bought it last week mate so already had the creators update, could be related to that?

Associate
Soldato
This page here http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/acer-...qhd-curved-g-sync-monitor,review-33543-3.html says "Power-off shuts down the monitor when no signal is present. Reset returns all settings to their factory defaults. Power-off USB charge leaves the ports active so you can charge devices when the display is powered down."

The 34 and 34a have slightly different osds :)

I have just reset my settings to factory just to see if anything in the settings is actually causing my own issues. Hope you get it sorted Dazzlaa, let us know if/when you do :)

Last edited:
Associate
I've noticed on the Acer site that there is two Z35 Panels. A 3440x1440 VA panel and a 2560x1080 Va panel.

How does the Z35 3440x1440 compare to the X34 as they both have the same response time and G-Sync ?

EDIT: noticed the z35 is Va and the X34 is Ips, how much difference is in that ?

Associate
The 34 and 34a have slightly different osds :)

I have just reset my settings to factory just to see if anything in the settings is actually causing my own issues. Hope you get it sorted Dazzlaa, let us know if/when you do :)
@MancSandancer
I set my screen timeout to 1 minute in windows settings and monitored the errmm monitor and it does actually turn off. It just has a small delay from the light turning orange and the screen itself actually shutting down. So all good here :)

I had to wait until nighttime to be sure though as it is quite difficult to tell in daylight

Associate
I've noticed on the Acer site that there is two Z35 Panels. A 3440x1440 VA panel and a 2560x1080 Va panel.

How does the Z35 3440x1440 compare to the X34 as they both have the same response time and G-Sync ?

EDIT: noticed the z35 is Va and the X34 is Ips, how much difference is in that ?

Dont think you would be disappointed with either screen to be honest. IPS has better colours but suffers from glow. The new VA are supposed to have deeper blacks but suffer from slight smearing. Don't read into it too much, Everyone will give you horror stories. That said, the pricing of the x34a at the minute is soo good, you won't get the z35P for under a grand anytime soon. I paid £713 for the 34a new.

Associate
Has anyone ever arranged a courier for an ultrawide? What service did you use? Was it tracked/insured? Get there ok?
Tempted to join the gang, but also debating waiting for the newer models so the old model prices drop as people upgrade.

Man of Honour
Upon reflection I've cancelled the preorder on the X35 and I'm going to keep slugging along with my LG till OLED comes out.

I play my PC like once a month at the minute so it seems daft to drop a grand on a monitor.

Soldato
Has anyone ever arranged a courier for an ultrawide? What service did you use? Was it tracked/insured? Get there ok?
Tempted to join the gang, but also debating waiting for the newer models so the old model prices drop as people upgrade.
I used ipostparcels to send a 34" Samsung to Belfast, got there ok and prices were pretty good also

Back
Top Bottom