*** 4K Player Thread ***

Soldato
Just purchased myself an Oppo 203, was looking to wait for Xbox Scorpio but I hardly play any games on my xbox one so have boxed that up, dont see the point in getting a console with a uhd drive if I don't play games on the thing. Have missed having a dedicated player since using the xbox to play blurays.

Soldato
Please feel free to name all these titles as you say, 'point blank refused to play'. :rolleyes:

I can confirm I had major issues playing on a One S;

The Shallows
Kingsmen
Into Darkness

Ive since invested in Samsung 6400 tv & 8500 UHD player and all the discs play fine (and I actually have approx 25 now) - so I dont have any problem believing the One S has major problems in general given everything Ive heard and read since its release. With standard BR's its fine, but there are lots of issues with UHD disks.

Soldato
I can confirm I had major issues playing on a One S;

The Shallows
Kingsmen
Into Darkness

Ive since invested in Samsung 6400 tv & 8500 UHD player and all the discs play fine (and I actually have approx 25 now) - so I dont have any problem believing the One S has major problems in general given everything Ive heard and read since its release. With standard BR's its fine, but there are lots of issues with UHD disks.
Had two of those, Kingsmen and Star Trek, can't say I noticed anything. Could be due getting insider builds?

Man of Honour
Having just bought a 4K TV I am looking into 4K players. There don't seem to be any home cinema 4K systems yet though (unless you do it yourself I guess)? So I am faced with ditching my current home cinema system and getting a 4k player or waiting for the time being. The Samsung UBDK8500 looks decent. Not sure what to do? I guess I could have two players setup? Just 4K wouldn't have such a great sound setup.

McB

McB

Associate
Having just bought a 4K TV I am looking into 4K players. There don't seem to be any home cinema 4K systems yet though (unless you do it yourself I guess)? So I am faced with ditching my current home cinema system and getting a 4k player or waiting for the time being. The Samsung UBDK8500 looks decent. Not sure what to do? I guess I could have two players setup? Just 4K wouldn't have such a great sound setup.

Same boat here, unless I can use ARC I don't think I'll get much benefit from the Sony Bluray home cinema system I have. 4k Receiver feels like a bit overkill for the standard cinema speakers unless its part of a longer term upgrade.

What's the view on the Sony X800 versus some of the samsung UHD players?

Back
Top Bottom