Oculus Rift

Soldato
Robo Recall is pretty awesome :) Do yourself a favour though and check out the quest modes in Rec Room if you haven't (Golden Trophy and Jumbotron) - some of the best multiplayer fun you can have in VR (though you might have to vote kick any annoying kids that drop in). Add me as Fluke in Rec Room (or Oculus Home) if you want a game sometime :)
Will do!

Soldato
Didn't realise I got robo recall free with my touch controllers. It is amazing! Played for an hr and a half and I'm knackered

Robo Recall is one of the best VR games. The only problem is that it's a little short. It's not that big of deal though because there are so many ways to play the game that each time you play a level it's different.

Robo Recall is pretty awesome :) Do yourself a favour though and check out the quest modes in Rec Room if you haven't (Golden Trophy and Jumbotron) - some of the best multiplayer fun you can have in VR (though you might have to vote kick any annoying kids that drop in). Add me as Fluke in Rec Room (or Oculus Home) if you want a game sometime :)

I would be up for this as well, I think I am Melmac12 in Recroom. The private games room is really well done. Paint ball and the Quests are the best, but I do like the golf as well. Could we get a few more people and have a few games sometimes? I think it would be good crack, SupraWez? Welshdragon? Rock Steddie? anyone?

And Fluke, Robo Recall expert? :) Your scores are wayyyyy above mine. I am impressed. If there are ever away missions to fight Klingons in Star Trek, going to send you out like a ninja to take care of them!! :D

Fluke - Can't lead, can't pilot, Can kill :p

Associate
And Fluke, Robo Recall expert? :) Your scores are wayyyyy above mine. I am impressed. If there are ever away missions to fight Klingons in Star Trek, going to send you out like a ninja to take care of them!! :D

Fluke - Can't lead, can't pilot, Can kill :p

Lol, there you go - don't ever get on my virtual bad side ;)

If anyone is about for some Rec Room Quest, I'll be about this evening, or most of tomorrow - drop a convenient time below.

Oculus Home / Rec Room id is just Fluke.

Associate
Thanks chaps!

It's actually my second Rift that is going back, my first one bought through Amazon ended up having a severe tilt to the left that couldn't be corrected so had to go back. Got my 2nd one and there was no tilt which was great but there was like a grainy veil effect that I could see all the time but mainly in dark content. It's hard to describe but it was like looking through a finely textured cloth so it moved with your own head movement which basically ruined any depth perception as you could see it all the time and ruined the VR experience. Luckily Oculus support have been great for me both times, especially this time as it was nigh on impossible to capture in video which they asked for as evidence but they eventually agreed to exchange the headset. So fingers crossed it's third time lucky!

Associate
Sounds like the mura effect. PSVR suffers from it, but generally not the Rift - sounds like you've been a bit unlucky! Had to RMA my Rift a while back, and tech support were pretty good.

Feel free to add me on home, Oculus name is just Fluke.

Thanks Fluke. Yeah I've seen it being called the Mura effect before, in fact I found an old Oculus support forum post where someone else had the same problem and it was described as such.

Right I've added Fluke, SupraWez, Devrij, Melmac12 and welshdragon01 on Home so hopefully got all the Home user names correct! If I've missed anyone please feel free to add me, my Oculus name is R0cksteddie (where the letter O is actually a zero).

Soldato
Thanks Fluke. Yeah I've seen it being called the Mura effect before, in fact I found an old Oculus support forum post where someone else had the same problem and it was described as such.

Right I've added Fluke, SupraWez, Devrij, Melmac12 and welshdragon01 on Home so hopefully got all the Home user names correct! If I've missed anyone please feel free to add me, my Oculus name is R0cksteddie (where the letter O is actually a zero).
Accepted!

Soldato
I am loving VR!! Always something different to do. Last week I was been led to my doom by FlukeRogi on the bridge of the Star Trek Kelvin. Today I was been led to death by FlukeRogi in the Quest in RecRoom :D Some great adventures were had all week with SupraWez and Devrij too.

Need to get some more players involved :)

Soldato
I'm afraid I was pretty rubbish at the quests in Rec Room, but I had a laugh!

Need to get back on the bridge of the enterprise.

I found out why I was so rubbish, well more rubbish than normal. My left controller was running on empty! But it's very hard to do the quests with 3 players. I prefer paintball myself.

Yeah, need to try a few more Star Trek missions, or maybe get a higher score on the kobayashi maru training mission. I think we managed to rescue 6 :D

Soldato
I have a day off tomorrow and my missus is away with the daughter so if anybody is about during the day feel free to hit me up for some VR action

Potentially worth setting up a VR channel on the OcUK discord? Like a waiting for a game lobby?

Back
Top Bottom