*** Resident Evil 2 Remake ***

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
i21XtfC.png

A deadly virus engulfs the residents of Raccoon City in September of 1998, plunging the city into chaos as flesh eating zombies roam the streets for survivors. An unparalleled adrenaline rush, gripping storyline, and unimaginable horrors await you. Witness the return of Resident Evil 2.

Available for pre-order on Steam for £44.99. But can be had for around £30 on websites like CDKeys.

Reviews

Trailers

Warning, the following videos show gameplay from the police station and may contain footage some may consider to be spoilers.

Grabbed some cool pics from the console thread for us :D

ldhpWuZ.gif

tHL8sEp.jpg

pGVNTLI.jpg

3A20qHd.jpg

PBcJqwg.png

1JDTYLG.png

6Cv2rSm.jpg

rA8Vegv.jpg

V9Tlw47.jpg

k7xbJQe.jpg

uPIlzDr.jpg

59gjusy.jpg

ZNoDsIN.jpg

YvYgU5E.jpg

jCWfoo7.jpg

Hz0NgEw.jpg

fqmPRgm.jpg

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
3 was very good too, but I agree the change to over the shoulder camera just took away from it for me. I really liked the fixed camera angles adding to the suspense.
Same here.

Resident Evil 7 was a big improvement over Resident Evil 6 though. I enjoyed it, but not as much as the originals. That is why I am looking forward to this remake the most. They will get my pre-order on this one, and I don't even like to pre-order usually.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
This is my list of favourite Resident Evil games, as you can see two is at the top, so cannot wait :D

Resident Evil 2>Resident Evil>>Resident Evil 3>Resident Evil: Code Veronica>>Resident Evil 0>Resident Evil 7>>>Resident Evil 4>>>>>>>>>>>Resident Evil 5>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Resident Evil 6

Soldato
Lol, 6 was hilariously rubbish :D

For me: RE1 > RE2 > RE7 > RE3 > Code Veronica > RE5 > RE4 > RE6

RE4 and 5 placement is just because of my experience and fun at the time. Me and my mate found 5 rubbish really but had great fun with it. I mean, rocket launcher from a helicopter in a volcano.... come on! :D
RE4 i went in as a big RE fan and was MASSIVELY disappointed. It wasn't Resident Evil as i knew it and it was the start of things to come.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Apparently we won't have the same voice actor for Clair again. People made a big deal about it with revelations 2 and capcom reached out to the original voice actor, but then for some reason it did not happen. I can live with it as long as they don't mess the remake up I suppose. But not sure why it is so hard to give fans what they want?

Here is the video of the voice actor explaining it:

Lol, 6 was hilariously rubbish

It really was :p

Soldato
RE7 is pretty great up until the boat. It would have been the best of the series if they somehow removed the boat part and extended the Baker family segment. Such a great game with them in it.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
No new about this yet. They are porting Revelations to other platforms at the moment it seems.

But mark my works, the release date will be the third or forth week of January 2018. Which will make it the 20th anniversary of the original :)

My hope is by September 2019 we also get a remake of Resident Evil 3 for its 20th anniversary:D

Associate
I'm surprised how poorly RE4's been rated above. Personally I'd say it's one of my favourite games of all time. RE2 is arguably the best of the first three for me though.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
I'm surprised how poorly RE4's been rated above. Personally I'd say it's one of my favourite games of all time. RE2 is arguably the best of the first three for me though.
Because it started taking Resident Evil in the wrong direction. They should have just made a new franchise and used that for it and leave Resident Evil be as it was.

Soldato
I can see why manly loved 4, I just didn't enjoy it as much as the originals especially the remake of the first game on GC, and as above it really did start the decline of the series.

Re7 was good, better than the other recent entries but a tad over rated imo, 2nd half was just dull!

I wonder if the 2 remake will return to the same style as the original or try and take on a first person RE7 approach. May give out mixed messaging otherwise, not sure! I'd want a remake in the vain of that or the GC version of the first game, tank controls and all!

Soldato
Yeah 4 was great as an action game, but the original RE games were all about pitting the player against the odds with very little ammo and opening every door was a risk if you hadn't saved in a while. It was actually pretty nerve wracking the first time you played as you had no idea if there would be a hunter or something in the room you were about to enter. Where as in RE4 you just run about through copy pasted rooms smashing pots and shooting tons of ammo and it really lost all the atmosphere and tension of the older games. Still a really fun game, along with RE5, but just not the same.

I have to say the fact they are replacing the voice actor for Claire doesn't bode well. From what she said is seems like they are trying to get it done on the cheap :mad:. The voice acting is one of the most important things to get right and it wont be the same at all without the same girl voicing Claire. Also why can't they just use the original audio? I hope they aren't re-writing it.

Well i have signed the petition but i can't see Capcom caring.

https://www.change.org/p/capcom-rei...ly-for-her-role-in-the-resident-evil-2-remake

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom