Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Now I'm running EBC Yellowstuff pads, brake dust is making my alloys get dull after a week or two, any recommendations for something to clean them off between a full car wash?

Been recommended Autofinesse Imperial wheel cleaner so far.

Soldato
Now I'm running EBC Yellowstuff pads, brake dust is making my alloys get dull after a week or two, any recommendations for something to clean them off between a full car wash?

Sonax full effect wheel cleaner. Spray on, leave to dwell for a few minutes then pressure wash off. Doesn't get them totally clean of course but does a damn good job for minimal effort.

Soldato
Bilt hamber auto wheel would probably result in clean wheels tbf. ;) Sonax is good just not as good.
With the caveat that I've never seen the Bilt Hamber product, I would be willing to bet that they're using the same active ingredients. Sonax will get the wheels clean, but without agitation it would get, for example, the back of the spokes. This is what I mean. I expect that the efficacy of both products is near identical.

Soldato
With the caveat that I've never seen the Bilt Hamber product, I would be willing to bet that they're using the same active ingredients. Sonax will get the wheels clean, but without agitation it would get, for example, the back of the spokes. This is what I mean. I expect that the efficacy of both products is near identical.
I've tried both and I'm going by my experience of very dirty white wheels. No other cleaner returned them back to white as well as bilt hamber did. They're quite a big brand in car care industry, surprised you've never heard of them.

Man of Honour
So it would seem I have had a visit from an Albatross who then decided to empty his bowls all over my little Polo GTI. That's OK, if you gotta go you gotta go but I have not been able to deal with said defections until this evening and you guessed it, my immaculate little lease Polo now has really...I mean REALLY bad stains all over the bonnet. I have tried Polish, scratch X, base coat treatments and anything else I could find but nothing is touching it. Am I am going to have to have a detailer fix it, can I fix it?

Man of Honour
So it would seem I have had a visit from an Albatross who then decided to empty his bowls all over my little Polo GTI. That's OK, if you gotta go you gotta go but I have not been able to deal with said defections until this evening and you guessed it, my immaculate little lease Polo now has really...I mean REALLY bad stains all over the bonnet. I have tried Polish, scratch X, base coat treatments and anything else I could find but nothing is touching it. Am I am going to have to have a detailer fix it, can I fix it?

Have you got a DA polishing machine? The paint is probably quite hard so you'll need a machine and some sort of compound, followed by a finishing polish. It's probably just etched into the lacquer.

Man of Honour
I'm not going to try and do machine polishing myself as it will end badly. If that's my only option which I am thinking it is will pop it down to my local detailer down the road and get him to fix it. Annoying mind.

Associate

Seal them with Gtechniq c5 wheel armour and just use car shampoo and jet wash. That's what I have done with my white team dynamics running DS2500 and they are very easy to clean now.

Soldato
What's confusing you?
Poorboys is near the bottom when it comes to price. But I find they compete with the expensive stuff from the likes of Dodo Juice, Gyeon, Bouncers.

Its nowhere near the bottom and most certainly regarded as a premium brand. Most of the products do align with stuff like Gyeon, and Bouncers price-wise actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom