Hayfever - Thread

Man of Honour
Those tablets in the grey box are what I had last year, how can they sell them so cheap? 12 months supply for £7.50, I've ordered 2 years worth.
because they cost pennies to make, and the patent has long since expired.
people who buy medicine brand names are insane. It's like people who spend loads on anadin or other brand names.

whenever possible just look at the active ingredient and the amount then buy the supermarket or no brand name.

Soldato
As per my previous post, having a right nightmare of a time with hayfever this year, never experienced it so bad, even my prescription stuff isn't holding it back.

What are you guys using for your noses, do over the counter nasal sprays work? My Nasonex sprays don't do any good. I've tried using it for months on end before to build it up but didn't get anywhere.

Soldato
Oxymetazoline does nothing, but Xylometazoline works wonders (nasal sprays). All brands do both. Might be worth trying different compounds.

The last few days have been hell. Thursday was the worst ive ever had it.

Associate
I have been taking Cetirizine Hydrochloride tablets for the past few days but it seems to make me feel sleepy/tired, is there any other tablets that doesn't make me feel drowsy?

Soldato
Posted in this thread before. suffered from hayfever since a young age, been on fexofenadine 180 x2 for a long time but finding them less and less effective each year.

at the moment I'm taking a certirizine before bed as they make me drowsy and help me sleep then a new tablet to me in the morning which is triprolidine pseudoephedrine and they seem to be doing an ok job at the moment.
Still get a runny nose but not sneezing every second.

Soldato

Fex tablets take a few days!?! I need relief now! :( I get Benadryl tablets cheap and neither of those are working for me at the minute. Tried Piriteze, which is the exact same as one a day Benadryl (Cetrizine)(stupid pharmacist) so going to try Loretadine too.

Associate

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Fex tablets take a few days!?! I need relief now! :( I get Benadryl tablets cheap and neither of those are working for me at the minute. Tried Piriteze, which is the exact same as one a day Benadryl (Cetrizine)(stupid pharmacist) so going to try Loretadine too.

Yeah some sufferers take those Fex and it works right away, but for myself it took almost 2 weeks of taking them before they kicked in really. They worked ok just not as good as the Benadryl or Generic Cetrizines.

Not a big fan of branded products the generics are 100% same imo and work just as well but you said you tried the Benadrly were these the "Acrivastine" ingredient ones ?

Those are the pricey expensive ones and work super fast in 15 minutes, to me their still the best cos they kick in fastest and kill my symptoms 70-90% dead.
Cheap versions without the Acrivastine won't be the same. Its these ones here:

http://www.boots.com/benadryl-allergy-relief-12-capsules-10064507

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Just a word of warning about those nasal sprays, they are hit and miss (for me at least) but when they work they are good really do open up the nasal passage and reduce the swolleness and redness allowing one to actually breathe properly again BUT they are addictive !

After a few days you will notice the sprays don't work or not as effective and worse your nose will remain blocked and numb, it will take a few weeks for your nose to get off that drug and back to normal.

Asda sell one a nasal spray with Oxymetazoline which is good to try out since its cheap think £1-2 only, otherwise as a long time sufferer I would recommend paracetamol to get similar effects and choosing the right tablet for yourself !

Associate
Started suffering a few years back when I turn 18 and its progressively gotten worse. I tend to try and grin & bear it but if it gets unbearable i'll bang a couple Loratadine and hope for the best.

Awful stuff hayfever.

Soldato
Not a big fan of branded products the generics are 100% same imo and work just as well but you said you tried the Benadrly were these the "Acrivastine" ingredient ones ?

Those are the pricey expensive ones and work super fast in 15 minutes, to me their still the best cos they kick in fastest and kill my symptoms 70-90% dead.
Cheap versions without the Acrivastine won't be the same.

Yeah, a benefit of working for the company that makes them ;) Going to try the one you suggested and see how effective it is. Cheers for the help!

Soldato
avamys nasal spray has cured me. Prescription from the doctors. Also one tab of fex a day and my symptoms are 90% better. Happy days

Associate
i went to dr's as off the shelf tablets weren't doing enough for me. Dr prescribed me 10mg citrizine hydrochloride tablets (non drowsy ones) and Beconase aqueous nasal spray. It has worked wonders.

Don
i went to dr's as off the shelf tablets weren't doing enough for me. Dr prescribed me 10mg citrizine hydrochloride tablets (non drowsy ones) and Beconase aqueous nasal spray. It has worked wonders.

Which you can buy off-the-shelf for far less than the price of a prescription.,.......
I think they're about £1.50 in Tesco for 14. Their standard non-drowsy hayfever tablets are just 10mg cetrizine.

Beconase is also £4.50 from Boots.

Back
Top Bottom