OcUK Dadsnet thread

Soldato
So guys looking for some advice. Bought my daughter a bike this morning (she was 3 in Jan) and she loves it but twice now we're had a half hour tantrum when I bought her in as she wouldn't listen. My wife thinks she's too young for a bike but I disagree.
Get her a balance bike so she learns balance which is the key to riding a bike then when she's a bit older she can transition to a pedal bike without ever needing stabilisers which teach a kid nothing.

Anyone looking for a pram/travel system buy an uppababy vista amazing piece of kit and fits in the boot of a golf.

Associate
Oh definitely stabilisers. I think it's just that's my Mrs didn't have much sleep so was a bit snappy. Watching her try and peddle was hilarious, she does half a rotation, then ratchets it back. I keep telling her to so it continuously but she doesn't want to lol.

As long as shes wearing a (correctly fitted) helmet and on a flat surface, should be fine.

You'll go mad trying to protect them against every eventuality!

Soldato
Just a quick heads up with regards to the 30 free hours. We applied early may and heard nothing back so i gave them a ring yesterday and ours was still pending (im guessing due to my mrs only going back to work a few weeks ago). So ive got a code and im happy.

Soldato
OP
My daughter is finally learning to use a spoon. She's done some other cool stuff like pointing out colours when I ask her to, and she can now say apples (bapples, at least) when she wants an apple. She's a right little madam though sometimes!

ggUpZiOh.jpg

Soldato
This morning neither of them wanted to get dressed to go to school and nursery respectively. Both crying on the floor making a total fuss. No reasoning with them possible and softly softly wasn't working, so I shouted, loud, they both jumped out of their skins, eldest started getting dressed and youngest ran off upstairs crying to Mum. I call that a result.

Soldato
My daughter is finally learning to use a spoon. She's done some other cool stuff like pointing out colours when I ask her to, and she can now say apples (bapples, at least) when she wants an apple. She's a right little madam though sometimes!

You live just down the road from me :p. My little one talks gibberish and never shuts up but if you ask her what day it is, she will always tell you it's Saturday. Sounds pretty close if that if that's what she's trying to say.

Soldato
OP
You live just down the road from me :p. My little one talks gibberish and never shuts up but if you ask her what day it is, she will always tell you it's Saturday. Sounds pretty close if that if that's what she's trying to say.
Ha, yeah it's the whole stopped clock being right twice a day thing.

I've actually moved down south recently so should really update my profile.

On topic, tonight we have started sleep training in earnest. It is tough. I don't think I've ever heard her cry like this, although she is tiring herself out now and losing some volume, which is at least encouraging.

So for anybody else doing it. You'll feel like an absolute ******* doing it, but in about 20mins when they start losing a bit of steam you start to feel like they might crack before you do.

Still feels terrible.

Back
Top Bottom