Mountain Biking

Associate
Nearly went for them, then hound the Deore's I already have for £99 for a full set, then thought, 'I should just really replace the dodgy caliper I have', which is £25.

Was runnning almost 10 year old juicy 3's so thought it was about time for an upgrade. Hope your new caliper does the trick.

For not a lot more you could have gone for the M8000 XT's!

Local tail running beautifully after this warm weather! Damn rain tonight tho :(

Considered that but don't like spending money at the best of times and only do some light xc for which the xt's seemed a bit overkill.

Caporegime
In Wales this weekend for my stag do.

Just done Cwmcarn and off to Afan tomorrow.

@Begbie how's your wrist now mate?

Feeling a lot better, only twinges now and then. But it doesn't exist on the bike so it's all good. One of the local runs here is 15+ minutes of descent and it was fine!

Your still holding strong?

Cracking stag do! Bikes + Beers :)

Caporegime
All this talk of replacing brakes, it's nice being able to just slap a new set of pads and disks on the M4 every now and again :p

Same with my Zees, run a treat. I've not bled them in 2 years. Albiet they could do with it.

Just changing to XTs on one of the bikes. Not sure I want to.

Soldato
Same with my Zees, run a treat. I've not bled them in 2 years. Albiet they could do with it.

Just changing to XTs on one of the bikes. Not sure I want to.
yeah man, only time ive bled the hopes in years was lengthening the hoses to go internal routing. totally solid.

Soldato
Feeling a lot better, only twinges now and then. But it doesn't exist on the bike so it's all good. One of the local runs here is 15+ minutes of descent and it was fine!

Your still holding strong?

Cracking stag do! Bikes + Beers :)
Good to hear. :)

My wrist is fine now, as you say just the odd twing every now and then. Completely fine on the bike (but I am still wearing wrist guards).

Managed 45km on the W2 route at Afan yesterday with 1.1km of elevation gain… then went out in Cardiff. Absolutely knackered now. :D

Associate
Had a go on a Specialized Stuntjumper FSR and an Enduro yesterday at the Specialized trail day at Glentress.

Wasn't overly impressed with the Stuntjumper but the Enduro is a cracking piece of kit. Chewed up everything I threw at it and I've never felt more comfortable on a bike! Only gripe is that the Specialized command post that comes with them is absolutely horrible. The speed that thing comes flying up at could seriously blue-ball you if it catches you wrong! :D

Caporegime
Good to hear. :)

My wrist is fine now, as you say just the odd twing every now and then. Completely fine on the bike (but I am still wearing wrist guards).

Managed 45km on the W2 route at Afan yesterday with 1.1km of elevation gain… then went out in Cardiff. Absolutely knackered now. :D

Good lad :) Never bothered with gaurds in the end, and I seem fine. Not fell off too bad yet!

Getting close to +35c here now, motivation to get out on the bike is hard. Though the motivation to get into the pool isn't :D

Soldato
Currently in Andorra with singletrack safari for the week. 3 days in of epic riding so far, days 1 and 3 doing some awesome natural trials and then day 2 in valnord - where we put up with really rough weather in the morning and powered through to a stunning afternoon at the top of the mountain hitting the jumps. Think I've lost my nervousness of tabletops after clearing plenty :D

Feeling like I'm riding far better than ever before and loving every minute of it. Definitely feeling like a new bike is required though, have enjoyed the Boardman until now but the bike park day really started to highlight its limitations. Still great on the singletrack stuff though.

Also sat on the next table along from the Syndicate Santa Cruz guys in a restaurant this evening which was pretty cool :D

Associate
Getting close to +35c here now, motivation to get out on the bike is hard. Though the motivation to get into the pool isn't :D

Amen to that, I've pretty much been given the 'All Clear' from the Physio for my back issue :D I do my best to get back out on the bike as often as possible (early morning / late evening ) when its cooler. Went out at 8.30 am on Sunday and it was ridiculously hot then too which made for an interesting ride lol. Safe to say jumping in the pool when I got home was the best part of my day :D

Soldato
Wouldn't supprise me if it does make a comeback as above, call me a cynic but the market wants to keep selling bikes to punters so once everyone is on 29 and 27.5 they'll need a new way to shift new bikes.

It's not often frames break, so people are more likely to upgrade thier group sets and just replace worn damaged parts given the option.

I don't think wheel size makes that much difference anyway unless you are at the top of your game. My 26er wheels are only a tiny bit smaller circumference with 2.3 tyres compared to my mates 27.5 on 2.1 tyres.

Soldato
Time to give the Gambler a bit of loving, Bike is a bit neglected at the moment, lots of knocking coming from worn bearings etc, and drivetrain is so on its **** that the chainring has hooks not teeth...
So I've just ordered new an entire rear service kit (Bearings & Hardware), new rear axle (Threads were dangerously worn) some tyres to replace the angry looking mary up front and another HD, and finally an entire new drivetrain(except cranks), need to get the bike running good for August when we do a tour of Scotland.
Might look at how funds are towards the end of the month and see if i can spare enough pennies to send the forks and shock of for a full overhaul.

...this biking malarkey is going to ******* bankrupt me!:(

Caporegime
Time to give the Gambler a bit of loving, Bike is a bit neglected at the moment, lots of knocking coming from worn bearings etc, and drivetrain is so on its **** that the chainring has hooks not teeth...
So I've just ordered new an entire rear service kit (Bearings & Hardware), new rear axle (Threads were dangerously worn) some tyres to replace the angry looking mary up front and another HD, and finally an entire new drivetrain(except cranks), need to get the bike running good for August when we do a tour of Scotland.
Might look at how funds are towards the end of the month and see if i can spare enough pennies to send the forks and shock of for a full overhaul.

...this biking malarkey is going to ******* bankrupt me!:(

know the feeling, fork service, new drivetrain + brakes, new tyres and I've found out I've lost the reverb bar mount bolt which is impossible to find without the whole kit (£38!!!!). That and with hardly time off at the moment, 36-38c during the day it's bloody hard to get riding the thing :(

But that race, best of the season! My heart was racing on all the top 5 guys.

Back
Top Bottom