reliable mechanical keyboard?

Associate
Hi Guys,

My Corsair k95 died after 3 years, and during the first year some of the LED lights died. I have been tempted to get the corsair k70 lux mx brown, but would prefer something else this time round...if possible.

I am curious about Razer's keyboards...do their led light last longer and what is their technical support like. Lastly, what keyboard do you recommend please?

Associate
Recently bought a razer blackwiddow chroma v2. It's my first razer keyboard and I've only had it about 3 weeks bit of feels great and I think the build quality is quite good....I was originally after a corsair K 95 but had bad experience with the software so went for the razer because I have the mamba mouse and feel the synapse software is easy to use

Associate
+1 for the Razer blackwidow chroma v2.

Had mine a couple of months now and the build quality is solid. My only gripe is the keycaps get greasy quickly but sorted that with some aftermarket keycaps. Translucent white tops with black body and front side printed, look awesome with led effects.

Wrist rest is THE most comfortable ever too lol.

Best

Wulf

Associate
I have the K70 Brown and I think it was the K95 Red, and then bought a Logitech G810, and in my personal opinion is that the G810 is a far superior keyboard to both. The Corsair keyboards are nice, but the Logitech is on a higher level. It is more finished, more professional, and that includes the software which is superb. It is so much quieter, so much more responsive and one of the nicest things is that the illumination is just so much better than the Corsair. The Corsair bleeds light from under the keys so it illuminates everything, but the Logitech has no bleed at all, and that looks superb. The Corsair is actually pretty difficult to read in the dark because so much light bleeds out from underneath. The Logitech software is brilliant. The Corsair, well, frankly they have a pretty bad reputation when it comes to software. The G810 is in every way a superior product.

Soldato
If you want a really high end professional keyboard that is built to be a brilliant keyboard rather than just having loads of gimmicky gamer features you can't beat a Filco Majestouch 2 mechanical keyboard. Built like a tank. Excellent choice of mechanical switches and looks like a keyboard should. No software needed either.

Associate
If you want a really high end professional keyboard that is built to be a brilliant keyboard rather than just having loads of gimmicky gamer features you can't beat a Filco Majestouch 2 mechanical keyboard. Built like a tank. Excellent choice of mechanical switches and looks like a keyboard should. No software needed either.
+1
My filco is 5 years old and still going strong. The paint on the bottom plate is peeling a little since I used methylated spirits to clean it but thats about it no other defects.

Simplicity is the key to a good mechanical.

Soldato
M800, keys can't be swapped out, keycaps break and need to wait ages to get them replaced, can't purchase them anywhere to keep a stock etc. also several keys become squeeky after a handful of weeks of use.

All in, garbage.

Ducky were far worse though, never touching them again. Keys were fine but 3 warranty repairs for LEDs then after a year weren't interested in helping any further.

Soldato
I have a Razer BlackWidow Tournament Edition Chroma and it's the best keyboard I have had and I have had a few. I ended up getting a second one for my other PC.

Back
Top Bottom