Aorus Owner's Lounge

Soldato
I would use Mac reflect anyway as i find it to be more useful than the Samsung software anyway.
Well tbh I only want to clone the drive and the Samsung tools are already provided, tried and tested, so I'll just stick with that. I'm more worried about Windows 10 spazzing out and wanting to reactivate due to the hardware change.

Associate
Well tbh I only want to clone the drive and the Samsung tools are already provided, tried and tested, so I'll just stick with that. I'm more worried about Windows 10 spazzing out and wanting to reactivate due to the hardware change.

Windows 10 doesn't care about the HDD or SSD as long as you copy all of the partitions and don't rename them out side of Windows.

Associate
@Atom80
Just a heads up - I don't know if you could provide the feedback to whomever comes up with the model specs. I would totally have bought the x7 DT 4k if it wasn't so overpriced from the QHD model. I realize that there is a better SSD and more RAM, but I plan on replacing both anyways, so it's a huge waste of money for me to be spending that much more. If you had a x7 DT 4k model with 256GB and 16GB of Ram for maybe half the difference, I would have preferred that way. Currently there's a $500 difference between models in the US. There's also a massive difference in the UK pricing and that's just too much to justify a better screen. I'd ask the US rep but we're unfortunately still aiming for a mid June release on our forums...

Associate
Any update for the Aorus X5 MD? last we saw was expected to arrive on 17th July, is that still the case?

Thinking of ordering it but dont want to wait around wondering when its arriving.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Any update for the Aorus X5 MD? last we saw was expected to arrive on 17th July, is that still the case?

Thinking of ordering it but dont want to wait around wondering when its arriving.

Hi bigkizen - we have just spoken with HQ on this subject and stock will leave factory on Friday and should be booked in with OcUK on Monday 24th July if courier / air shipment journey goes to plan.

Suggest placing pre-order sometime this week.

Regards,

Team AORUS

Associate
Hi bigkizen - we have just spoken with HQ on this subject and stock will leave factory on Friday and should be booked in with OcUK on Monday 24th July if courier / air shipment journey goes to plan.

Suggest placing pre-order sometime this week.

Regards,

Team AORUS

Hey atom,

Appreciate the quick reply, was hoping it would be this week but waiting a week not too bad. Just gives me a decision on the x5 or the Asus zephyrus. 100% going for a maxQ design so its a tough one.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hey atom,

Appreciate the quick reply, was hoping it would be this week but waiting a week not too bad. Just gives me a decision on the x5 or the Asus zephyrus. 100% going for a maxQ design so its a tough one.

Hey bigizen,

FYI,,, stock arrived earlier then mentioned, landed today :)

CLICK HERE

Limited numbers.

Hope we can receive you as a new AORUS customer.

Regards,

Atom80

Associate
Hey bigizen,

FYI,,, stock arrived earlier then mentioned, landed today :)

CLICK HERE

Limited numbers.

Hope we can receive you as a new AORUS customer.

Regards,

Atom80

Well, couldnt help myself order has been placed.

Will be my first Aorus laptop, hoping I wont be disappointed. Had to send an MSI laptop back not too long ago due to extreme thermal throttling, dont let me down Atom I know where you live. (by that I mean I know you frequent these forums and i will let you know in a respectful and politely worded message of my unhappiness)

:D Appreciate the follow up, they can thank you for how quickly I clicked 'Add to basket'

Back
Top Bottom