Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Permabanned
Sexeh. Please update once you've been using it for a while with what it's like. I do wish they would look at the Dell XPS and reduce the bezels.

Bezel doesn't bother me + I'd rather have a thicker bezel to support webcam at top of screen rather than the XPS cam that stares up your nose. Another benefit is having the speakers at the side rather than in a more compromised location... bezels only get in the way when you're using multiple screens - which isn't a problem with a laptop ;)

Best keyboard of any laptop I've used - first one to surpass the 2008-era MacBook Pros with that awesome silver pre-chiclet keyboard.

Trackpad is also good and it's also one of the best colour reproductions on a matte screen I've seen - very pleasing to the eye.

My only gripe is that the included SSD is absolutely terrible... read speeds are good, but the 4k random write is a terrible 2mb/s... much older S-ATA SSDs are much better than this. At least it's easy to upgrade, so I've ordered a 1TB 960 Pro to replace it.

A couple more pictures... yes, it's a fingerprint magnet and my desk is messy :p

IMG_20170722_104238_1 by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

IMG_20170722_104356 by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

IMG_20170722_104259 by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

IMG_20170722_104326 by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

Permabanned
Is the top smooth metal? You could put a skin on it? What are you using to clean it?

I don't use webcams so I'd rather increase the sexiness with a nicer screen.

Yes it's smooth metal. Feels just like the Macbook Pro.

Alcohol wipes will clean it up, but as soon as you touch it again there will be fingerprints... same happens on macbook, it's just less visible on silver.

I've ordered a D-Brand skin for the top - covers the logo too. I quite like the logo... it's just not the best business image when in client meetings. Gone with their titanium finish option.

While the XPS range are very good in the realms of Windows laptops... they don't come close to this. I've owned the 15" and ordered a few for other people in my last job. Having a bezel is also better for the wifi spectrum analyser I'll have to use from time to time ;)

Soldato
20170722_153356.jpg

Small Converter box that takes RGB Scart and converts it to HDMI so I can use my old consoles on more modern screens. It claims to upscale etc. I'm no expert but it's doing a pretty good job imo

Soldato
Hydration Carrier for my incoming Geigerrig Engine water badder. New multicam balaclava. Two multicam tube covers and some molle webbing clip dominators to tie the tubes down to my plate carrier.

IMG_20170722_184240.jpg

Opsmen M51 Tactical PTT unit that connects to my radio and headset.

IMG_20170722_184154.jpg

Soldato
Gopro and some mounts for airsoft use.

gopro1.jpg

Picatinny rail mount for my pistols,rifles and for attaching to my molle rail.
g17.jpg

me2.jpg

Just waiting on for a clip on screen protector that will stop a airsoft BB to come.

Back
Top Bottom