• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

VEGA IS FINALLY HERE, ITS IN STOCK ALONG WITH SOME EPIC BUNDLES & FREESYNC DEALS!!

Klo

Klo

Soldato
Yep, i built a Skylake system 18 month ago. I don't plan on upgrading anything until 2020/2021 (TV, GPU, etc). I'll evaluate how the PC market is then decide if i want to stick with it or go back to consoles.

GPU prices are a joke. Worse when you see that there is so much parity now between PC and consoles, with the PC version just getting a higher frame rate in games and not much else. It feels like a waste buying an expensive GPU when the games aren't even taking advantage of it. The days when devs would maximise a PC title that couldn't be done on consoles are long gone.

It's all to do with parity now.

I don't get why you have to be at the cutting edge of PC's if you feel the improvement is too minimal to be worth it? If you stick in the midrange the cost is much cheaper, performance is still solid and probably above console, and you still get the flexibility and upgradability of a PC>

Soldato
Am I right in thinking Decent 1080's can be had from proper retailers around the £450 mark? Then who in their right mind is buying a Vega 64 (which trades blows) at £550?? Am I the only sane person left? Is it miners then?

Doubtful as pcper put the hashrate at 35 mh/s.

Permabanned
Well the website limited quantity to 2-3pc for first ten minutes, but as they were selling so quick, we set it at 1pc. Looking at the orders, nearly all UK addresses so not miners, just people upgrading older AMD systems.
Great tp hear that even tho i went titan good for amd to get some sales.

Permabanned
Lets get one thing crystal clear here!

Launch MSRP $499, a $100 reduction for launch, regular MSRP of $599, check a site such as newegg for confirmation:
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...BESTMATCH&Description=RX+VEGA&N=-1&isNodeId=1

UK launch MSRP £449, a £100 reduction, yes we got a full £100 which worked favourably and much cheaper than you can buy one from US, remember US is excluding taxes. Now launch pricing is finished, so £549 which falls in line with $599 MSRP.
Luke i said You did fantastic to get vega cards to hardcore amd fans. Now rest can buy nv

Associate

Launch MSRP $499, a $100 reduction for launch, regular MSRP of $599, check a site such as newegg for confirmation:
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...BESTMATCH&Description=RX+VEGA&N=-1&isNodeId=1

UK launch MSRP £449, a £100 reduction, yes we got a full £100 which worked favourably and much cheaper than you can buy one from US, remember US is excluding taxes. Now launch pricing is finished, so £549 which falls in line with $599 MSRP.

When is Vega 56 release date or pre-order date? Thanks

Soldato
They tested it at a Dag of 160. To get that number. Am sure ETC is running dag file 141 at the moment. ETH i am not sure of.

I have never gone near any mining software however this is from PC Gamer:

"I poked around a bit to see what sort of performance the Vega 56/64 delivered in Ethereum mining, and so far it's been pretty lackluster, considering the price and power use. The Vega 56 manages around 31MH/s for Ethereum, and the Vega 64 does 33MH/s. Overclocking the VRAM helps boost both cards closer to 40MH/s right now. So at launch, that's not super promising."

Associate
it was 450 for 30 minutes or so after launch, then they felt the urge to cutthroat and push it to 550, clowns I tell ya, tbh that potato wasnt even worth the original 450.

Soldato
it was 450 for 30 minutes or so after launch, then they felt the urge to cutthroat and push it to 550, clowns I tell ya, tbh that potato wasnt even worth the original 450.
You clearly have not followed things and not read this so here you go. :rolleyes:

Associate
Ye for 550 you get watercooled 1080 ez
Add in an extra £200 for the gsync premium monitor and also the expectation that there is going to be limited to no improvement from drivers unlike Vega.

I am not saying I would buy one as went the whole hog with a 1080ti, but if I was purchasing now considering I have the CF791 (which I paid full RRP for), I definitely would consider it.

Back
Top Bottom