It's On! Floyd Mayweather - Conor McGregor **No discussions of illegal streams**

Man of Honour
It's amazing how underrated Mayweather is by some. Without doubt the greatest defensive boxer/counter puncher of all time. McGregor will have a really tough job even laying a glove on him without getting hit with big punches.

Soldato
It's amazing how underrated Mayweather is by some. Without doubt the greatest defensive boxer/counter puncher of all time. McGregor will have a really tough job even laying a glove on him without getting hit with big punches.

He's not my kind of fighter and I will always question just how good he was because he never met a few people at the right time or weight, but yeah he's one of the all time greats.

Associate
A lot of people getting caught up in the hype train!!
Remember how all the experts called this when it was announced, a farce of a fight that mcgregor stood no chance of winning.
I have my bets on mayweather, but i'd love to see him knocked out! Choo choo!!

Caporegime
it will go like this.

first few rounds mcgregor will try to knock out mayweather.its his best chance.so full attack mode.if he doesnt manage to land a lucky punch then its not going to happen.

mayweather will just stay back jab him to bits for first few rounds let mcgregor tire himself out score points.then it will just be a matter or time until mayweather wins.

only chance mcgregor has is a one shot bang knock out shot. other than that nothing is going to stop mayweather.many want the under dog to win mcgregor me included but in all honesty there should be 0 chance of a win.

my only worry is they moneytise this event and draw this out 3 fights and 2 close.just for the money.hope not and both battle like warriors.

mcgregor cant lose tbh.if you think about it.if he fights like a warrior for most of the fight but gets beat on points not knocked out early.people will just say hes not a boxer.evn though he loses.if he wins he wins.all he has to do is not get destroyed early on.

Soldato
Only question mark is Mayweather's age, if it hasn't caught up with him it could get embarrassing!

He looks old to me. Not as sharp and seems a little reluctant to put in a big effort. When he was shadow boxing you can see the speed has gone and if you watch the pad workout its his trainer is doing all the work. But, he looks OK for 40 and you can he's still got the reflexes of a cat.

I think the likes of Kell Brook Kieth Thurman would wipe the floor with him in the later rounds.

Soldato
Yea he looked less muscular to me especially in his back and shoulders. He's always been deceptively solidily built, blocky.

One way i could see mayweather struggle is if his reflexes have gone. 2 years out and 40 years of age it's very possible his reflexes aren't the same. Like Roy Jones whose reflexes went over night he started getting caught by shots he used to be able to pull away from. It's the punches that you don't see that do damage, so if his reflexes have gone and he's unable to get away from shots he could be lights out. He like Roy relies a lot on superior reflexes.

Not that I think this will happen, I think conor has less than 3% chance to win. But if I was to think of a way he does win it would be above.

Back
Top Bottom