First upgrade in years!

Associate
OP
The pump appears to be at 100% but bios isn't that clear in the options, unless I am being thick.

Also I woke up this morning to the monitor having small amounts of grey and green artifacts. I haven't had much chance to look into it but when I switched the monitor to HDMI for Xbox they seem to be there still and when switched PC to my TV on other HDMI they were gone so I am presuming a faulty monitor. Will run some more checks later to be sure.

Soldato
The pump appears to be at 100% but bios isn't that clear in the options, unless I am being thick.

Also I woke up this morning to the monitor having small amounts of grey and green artifacts. I haven't had much chance to look into it but when I switched the monitor to HDMI for Xbox they seem to be there still and when switched PC to my TV on other HDMI they were gone so I am presuming a faulty monitor. Will run some more checks later to be sure.

If you've connected the Pump to the AIO/Pump header - should look like this on the easy bios screen menu
http://www.overclockersclub.com/siteimages/articles/asus_rog_strix_x99_gaming/100.jpg

looking for it to state 2400/2600 RPM

if you go further into it
https://imagescdn.tweaktown.com/con...shair-vi-hero-amd-x370-motherboard-review.png

can set it for Full Speed

**looks like you've plugged the pump into a standard header which my not operate it at full speed unless stated, if you also want to tell the bios if it detects the rpm is zero to issue a Warning of Failure

first try another cable to rule that out if you have a spare one

Ah noticed there's only one fron 140mm fan!!!!! get a 2nd asap! thats a lot of Negative pressure in the case . 2ns fan will also pass over the GPU which should help it stay a bit cooler as well or keep air flowing over it when its passive
Move the op 140 up a notch and get the 2nd fan just underneath it .
Should see improvement but it leaves that grill by the GPU to allow a lot of potential dust to be drawn into the case

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I will check the AIO pump stuff in a while but as far as the monitor goes, I just changed the DP cable out for a HDMI and the artifacts have gone. Just ordered a new DP cable from the rainforest for tomorrow as I don't have a spare.
I do find it hard to believe that a cable can fail in two days of usage, is it possible for the display ports to play up on the graphic card and not the HDMI or do they all play up at once if there is a problem?

Soldato
I will check the AIO pump stuff in a while but as far as the monitor goes, I just changed the DP cable out for a HDMI and the artifacts have gone. Just ordered a new DP cable from the rainforest for tomorrow as I don't have a spare.
I do find it hard to believe that a cable can fail in two days of usage, is it possible for the display ports to play up on the graphic card and not the HDMI or do they all play up at once if there is a problem?

Porta could go, but normally cables before them/monitor unless your unlucky. And most of us all buy cheap cables after dropping hundreds in parts

Associate
OP
Yeah maybe, I also ordered a 5 port USB card with an internal USB 3.0 internal 20 pin connector, so I ordered a 20 pin-two usb adaptor which allows me to plug the front usb internally.
My only worry is ruining the look inside the case as the card and adaptor is not the best looking things.

Its a shame you can't get a shroud of some kind for them.

Associate
OP
Checked the bios and AIO pump is now running at full speed. It was plugged into the right header, just not setup correctly. Thanks again for your help :)

Soldato
Checked the bios and AIO pump is now running at full speed. It was plugged into the right header, just not setup correctly. Thanks again for your help :)

Awesome ! Notice any change to temps ?

Was checking how many internal USB 3 headers you had, only one. If you use the cable above means you can plug the front box directly into the board. Only problem is would would loose the case USB.
But you'd still have the back USBs to use which is 4x 3.1, 2x 3.1 gen 2 and 2x usb 2.
Saves having the add on card in your system if you don't mind losing front of case usb

Soldato
@{{INX}}

Morning mate, was milling over our pics again as getting two Pure 600s myself and noticed you've only got one 140 Pure wing at the front- I thought they came with two so had to order more.
Highly recommend getting an extra 2nd 140 for the front! Will increase positive air pressure into the case to attract less dust into the case and supply your GPU with mroe direct cool air :D

cant wait to get the cases - just have Silent loop 240 going in though :(

Associate
OP
Hi mate, PC is still running very well, but I will look into another 140 for the front as I agree with you about the GPU getting more direct air.
Had a crappy month so not had much time to tinker with PC but I must sit down soon and overclock the 1600 :)

Soldato
Hi mate, PC is still running very well, but I will look into another 140 for the front as I agree with you about the GPU getting more direct air.
Had a crappy month so not had much time to tinker with PC but I must sit down soon and overclock the 1600 :)

Sorry to hear mate, hopefully you'll be grounded soon, then get back into some gaming with a good mindset and chill ... Whilst owning :)
Was a bit surprised when i ordered that it didn't come with two

Associate
Yeah maybe, I also ordered a 5 port USB card with an internal USB 3.0 internal 20 pin connector, so I ordered a 20 pin-two usb adaptor which allows me to plug the front usb internally.
My only worry is ruining the look inside the case as the card and adaptor is not the best looking things.

Its a shame you can't get a shroud of some kind for them.

IN EB*Y TYPE -
UK PCI Express to 20 Pin USB 3.0 PCI-e X1 to 2 ports 19pin USB3.0 Header SY

Associate
OP
I have now been running this build for about a year and half and I am getting the itch to upgrade some parts again.

1. Changing the CPU out for a Ryzen 2700X and then will the old liquid cooler work on the 2700x?
2. A new m2 970 with more storage than the 960.
3. Another 16gb of ram, but I am unsure on the need for this.
4. I have also been thinking about changing up to a 2080TI but from what I have read, its not worth the money from a 1080ti?

Any input would be appreciated

Current setup:

Case:
Motherboard:
Cpu:
Gpu:
Memory:
Storage:
Power Supply:
Monitor:
Keyboard & Mouse:
Headset: