Project - 37a (Wendyhouse)

Soldato
OP
Some tidy pics with more Ikea boxes

There are some bits I want to finish things off;
White board, I want a nice big white board as my memory is awful and for drawing network diagrams
New chair, the one I have is really comfy but very tatty, I think I want a new non-tatty one but don't want a "racer" look one, something comfy.

Soldato
OP
@Chaos666

I'd love to fill this paragraph with how amazing I'm finding it however would probably be shot down with a lot of placebo effect comments.

The i7 was no slouch and general desktop browsing feels as good as it ever has done, it's a fresh Windows install so it does feel a touch nippier because of that.
Gaming, I was only playing PUBG before rip down but will put in my frames are now a lot higher, this is probably mostly due to in game settings coming down.

I did render a video the other night and it did seem a bit faster but it's hard to say for certain without having benched before and after.

I'm certainly not disappointed and the buyers remorse has completely gone. I do think it's better but have no figures to prove it.

Soldato
Love this build and remember reading it when you first started it but for some reason I forgot to come back.

What I'm wondering is what type of security you got on this, would be terrible if you woke up one morning and someone had been in and cleared it out. :(

I know if I was to do something similar it would be broken into within the first week.

Soldato
OP
Love this build and remember reading it when you first started it but for some reason I forgot to come back.

What I'm wondering is what type of security you got on this, would be terrible if you woke up one morning and someone had been in and cleared it out. :(

I know if I was to do something similar it would be broken into within the first week.

the secret is to not let anybody know that you have a lot of computer equipment in your shed :>

I have security :D I've removed the geolocations from my pictures I've purposefully never gone into detail about it though (as his tin foil hat goes on).

Soldato
OP
So, not so much a huge update but a re-shuffle. Decided I want to monitor some stuff whilst gaming so have rehoused the server racks monitor for the time being whilst I pick a new monitor to go here permanently. Very happy with the "cheap" microphone arm for saying it has a yeti hanging off it.

Soldato
OP
Small weekend update;

I now have a new chair! Santa came early as my Mrs took pity on the state of my old one. Nice microfibre replacement with a bit stiffer padding and I've managed to get a decent sized whiteboard up now as well to help with my work drawing and thinking!!

Also now have a Polycom VVX on my desk to muck about with and I'm trying to get it to pair up with a 3CX PBX I have in colo.

Soldato
OP
So a slight change in the cave today. Tidied things up a bit but it means I'm no longer the owner of an Ikea DIY rack.

From this;

To this;

Happy with it. The cave is currently packed full of stuff from an office clearout which I'm trying to plough through but once it's clear I need something else good to go in here!

Duo

Duo

Associate
The chair upgrade seems a nice choice, somehow one of those racing seats wouldn't have looked as good in the space as the one you went for. Maybe you could add your own orange 'gaming' stripes to it like your old one had ;p

Back
Top Bottom