The iOS11 Thread

Soldato
Yeah. But it's not unheard of for the Apple servers to go mental and things grinding to a halt or it not activating etc.

Usually we'll get the GM after the keynote, the public release is usually a couple of days before the new iPhone release. Tonight I usually stay up late trying to get the GM from suspect locations so then I can have iOS 11 before the public onslaught in a few days.

EDIT: They're signing the GM again.

Last edited:
Soldato
Those links are pointing directly at Apple's servers so expect them to be getting a beating right now! I downloaded earlier and I've already upgraded my 6S to iOS 11 :)

Associate
Just go to settings and Software Update, did it just then and it installed no problems. Download didn't seem any slower than normal

Soldato
It did find it amusing when I saw that they had gone back to the traditional signal strength bars instead of the silly circles.

Last edited:
Soldato
Usually we'll get the GM after the keynote, the public release is usually a couple of days before the new iPhone release. Tonight I usually stay up late trying to get the GM from suspect locations so then I can have iOS 11 before the public onslaught in a few days.

EDIT: They're signing the GM again.

Does that mean that anyone can update to 11 or so you need a beta/Dev account?

Soldato
Anyone can.

Is it just me or is the slide up from the bottom bar thingy getting more ugly with each iteration?

Yea, not to mention you now can't actually turn OFF your wifi via Control Center, you have to go into settings to do it. The button in CC just disconnects you from your current WiFi network.

Also, if you're playing music and swipe down from the top (to see notifications), then the music controls are there.... how is that a bleeding notification??

Soldato
The new volume button behaviour is a touch annoying. By default now, it will only change "volume", it doesn't actually change the "Ringer" volume when you're on the home screen like it used to. There's a switch to put it back (which I have) but that was a little confusing for a minute when I put it down to 1 bar volume and the phone still rang at 100% volume! :eek:

Soldato
I'm gutted that the 3D touch to get to the multitasking/app switcher has been removed. Why apple, if it was going to interfere with the iPhone X then just add a toggle!

Soldato
Do you mean pressing down on the left of the screen?
Yep, used to use it all the time, I was pressing down thinking I broke it. :p

Searching indicated that it was removed. I hope they bring it back unlikely it seems, though.
I am however going to do a clean install of the IPSW in this thread, am I right in thinking that when 11.1 is released, those who installed it will be able to update with no issues?

Still fairly new to the iOS scene, had my Iphone 7 Plus for just under a month.

Man of Honour
Why do you want to do a clean install? It is absolutely not needed. Just do an OTA update if you have the beta profile on your phone.

Back
Top Bottom