• Space Grey 256GB

Votes: 98 18.4%
  • I want one but it's too expensive

Votes: 125 23.5%
  • I'm not interested

Votes: 190 35.7%

• Total voters
Soldato
Any idea when we will be seeing contract deals for the X? Will we have to wait for next month or will carriers release the info in a day or so?

Last edited:
Associate
I need a new phone...so I will buy one. Not because it's the newest/greatest/fastest/ best gadget/ longest battery or whatever the latest fad is but because I need a new phone. I would like to have IPhone as that's what I am used to.

I might as well have the newest technology and it may last a little longer before I feel the need for another new one.

Associate
I think I may end up selling my iPhone 7, If I go for the X.
Was considering keeping as a spare but to offset the cost a bit sell it.

Month to decide whether I want to jump and be an early adopter, providing I manage to get my pre-order in, or do I just chill content with my working iPhone 7 until next year.
I just keep wondering what else I could use that £1000 for lol.

Soldato
So having had 24 hours to mull it over.
The biggest issue I have with the X is, surprise surprise. The lack of home button/Face ID.

Now what I would love to see, is a comparison video of how quickly you can unlock and get into your home screen (using one hand!) for iPhone X vs the previous finger print iPhone variants.

The point behind the fingerprint scan (and later revisions which were even quicker) was to unlock your phone as quickly as possible.

If you are not bothered by the above then no problem.

But for me, this was a pet peeve and when I hold the phone with one hand and press down on the home button, its so lovely to get into the phone so quickly.

What are everyones thoughts on this?

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

The point behind the fingerprint scan (and later revisions which were even quicker) was to unlock your phone as quickly as possible.
No. The point was security, the speed was a bonus.

The facial recognition should be as secure as a fingerprint, so it's down to a question of convenience. Having a sneaky peek of your phone in a meeting? Probably going to suffer with FaceID

Back
Top Bottom