BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

Soldato
I've been with Infinity 2 for about 3 years now, half of that time I benefitted from the full 80/20 speeds, and the rest of the time frame its now more like 55/20.

Seems weird that for a good period of time my line was capable of the full speed with my HG612 reporting I was capable of 90+, Anything I can do to get my original speed back?

When i'm home I'll try and pull my stats off the HG612 see if its showing something that could be preventing max speeds.

Update

Hah, just realized they've raised the infinity 1 package to "up to 52mb" (Before they bump it up to infinity 2 speeds), so as a Infinity 2 customer i'm only getting 3mb down more than Infinity 1, BT called me 2 months ago to renew my contract, quite naughty they didn't check my speeds to see if its worth me staying on Infinity 2, £20 a month more for 3meg download speed xD

Update

My stats, If i'm reading this correctly, my line has gone from being capable of 90+ down to 67mb, and i'm actually syncing at 49mb ish.

RAjoEHM.png

6676397234.png

Last edited:
Soldato
So I've got contractors working for Openreach putting fibre under the pavement outside my house but when I check on the Openreach website for when I can get fibre, it basically still says that they are exploring solutions. Confused???

Soldato
I am, as to why you think Openreach would be so fast to update things? Or their work is something not to do with FTTC? Give it a few weeks and if it is FTTC related I'm sure the checker will update.
They obviously have plans, but their site doesn't indicate as such. I spoke to the guy, he told me they're there to clear a couple of blockages before they run the fibre. It's FTTP I'll be getting.

Soldato
It is yes. Only applies to 12 month Fibre contracts though. https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/ It'll say on the right hand side.
Indeed, I found it. I then went through their online support to see if they could switch me to 12 months and refund the activation charge I paid 2 weeks ago. I was flat out refused, I think I must have got a representative having a very bad Tuesday. My favourite part was where I was told that "If I bought a product from a supermarket, I couldn't take it back to get a new offer". Which unfortunately for him I have done, and the supermarket did honour the new offer price. Nevertheless, I called them up at lunch and they were much more amicable over the phone so it's all sorted very satisfactorily.

Associate
Nice. I'm tempted to switch to them. Currently have an ongoing complaint with BT over the price I was told when I renewed my contract. Should get a call back this week and I'm going to ask for more from them as I have had to chase them up on this. May just cancel and go with Plus Net though as I have until the 17th to cancel my order.

Soldato
I have switched to them, go live on the 19th

At the moment I have the open reach modem and sky router, does the Home hub plug straight into the phone socket or does it need open reach modem as well?

Back
Top Bottom