The iOS11 Thread

Soldato
Just a quick rant here - But I have to say iOS 11 has so far been the buggiest public release I've ever used.

I used the developer beta throughout its release, and that was definitely the buggiest beta release too.

I've been recommended to completely wipe my iPhone and start from scratch and see if it makes it better - I hope so. It's really slow, I've found a ton of bugs and it drains the battery super quick :(

Man of Honour
Shock horror that 3 year old device is running slow on a brand new OS.

My iPhone 7 Plus was oodles faster than my GFs iPhone 6 Plus on IOS 10 before she got a 7 Plus.

Soldato
Shock horror that 3 year old device is running slow on a brand new OS.

My iPhone 7 Plus was oodles faster than my GFs iPhone 6 Plus on IOS 10 before she got a 7 Plus.

Why is it slower though? They've added features like camera filters and different menus, but there's been virtually no changes in animations / graphical quality.

It's only got slower because they're intentionally crippling older devices.

Soldato
Why is it slower though? They've added features like camera filters and different menus, but there's been virtually no changes in animations / graphical quality.

It's only got slower because they're intentionally crippling older devices.

Even more of a reason for me to stick on IOS 10.3.1 then, my phone runs fine as it is.

Has anyone done a fresh install of IOS 11 on a iphone 6 to see if it helps at all?

Soldato
My phone (iP7+) started lagging on 11.0.2 when I press the sleep/wake button. Updated to 11.0.3 and it's a bit better but still not as responsive (instant) like it normally is.

Soldato
OP
My 10.3.3 iPhone 7 feels like it's getting buggier and I haven't even upgraded to 11.

Safari has started crashing and they keyboard keeps getting borked in Messages so I have to exit the app and reopen it

Soldato
My iP6S+ 128Gb has been ******* horrid this week. Quite a few crashes needing a full reboot. Yesterday in work it wouldn't acknowledge a swipe up for control centre nor a swipe down for notifications. CC is particularly important as I put my phone on DO not disturb when I'm on console; this is also new as Airplane mode now leaves wifi on. The reason I use Airplane mode was because I don't want my phone vibrating/distracting me in my pocket :(

Battery has also been absolutely terrible and Spotify just doesn't seem to be integrated at all. Volume buttons not adjusting music volume unless i unlock the phone and open spotify, then use volume buttons,which isn't perfect when i'm running. Also, spotify at first replaced 'Music' on the lock screen giving pause, skip forward and song info etc. as you'd expect. Not since this last update or so. Again, having to fully open up the app to make any changes.

Properly winding me up.

Oh, and last night i was playing music through spotify, but as soon as i used another app, ie, facebook it stopped playing. Once i switched apps back to spotify i continued playing through my bluetooth speaker at max volume. Wonderful

Back
Top Bottom