Oculus Rift

Associate
I've just done the same, lending it to a friend for two weeks. I did give it to him on the condition of not using it for dirty stuff. Might be a crucial rule to set depending on the person borrowing it!

Permabanned
I've not tried the headphones that come with the Rift yet myself, How would they stack up to something like a Corsair Void wireless headset for sound quality ?

They are surprisingly good. Very comfortable. They do not in any way block out background noise though.

I don't how good the Corsair Void sound but headsets in general tend to fly off when you turn your head quickly.

Raz

Raz

Soldato
I like the rift. Don't seem to feel sick anymore but am sweating like crazy. Might need to get a cover or something but not sure of quality...

Soldato
Just sold my Rift and Touch. Good tech but it wasn't as clear as I would like and I'm not a fan of the wires. I'm happy to wait for a second generation with higher res, wireless etc.

Funnily enough it was the Touch controllers that were the real star of the show for me. I really wish someone would release a Razer Hydra type system that felt as good in the hand as that.

Soldato
Just sold my Rift and Touch. Good tech but it wasn't as clear as I would like and I'm not a fan of the wires. I'm happy to wait for a second generation with higher res, wireless etc.

Funnily enough it was the Touch controllers that were the real star of the show for me. I really wish someone would release a Razer Hydra type system that felt as good in the hand as that.

Hmm looks like I may just make most of my money back after eBay fees and postage. Bring on CV2 (hopefully wireless) :p

Soldato
Yeh I'm happy to wait, it needs to mature a bit in my opinion. GPUs also need to improve as well as the development of foveated rendering.

Hoping for a 2019 release at earliest, as that's probably when we'll be able to see a decent improvement.

Associate
Had a few hours on Arktica.1 now, and really like it. It's a simple shooter, but is done very well done and is really atmospheric. There are a few minor issues that need patching, but if you want a quality looking shooter and don't expect it to do much more than that (odd puzzle aside), you won't be disappointed.

Soldato
Had a few hours on Arktica.1 now, and really like it. It's a simple shooter, but is done very well done and is really atmospheric. There are a few minor issues that need patching, but if you want a quality looking shooter and don't expect it to do much more than that (odd puzzle aside), you won't be disappointed.

I keep seeing that in the store. Good to hear a hands on review. What was that other title I saw you playing?

Back
Top Bottom