THE 50K CHALLENGE: NEW MUSTANG ON THE WAY, BUT WOULD 50K BE BETTER SPENT ON ANOTHER MARQUE?

OcUK Staff
OP
How much does a 600 hp Supra go for these days? They come in automatic. Bit older than 30 months though but it's the ultimate lolmobile for traffic light grand prix :D

Supra aint my thing and traffic light grand prix I already have a car that will beat any Supra if thats all a Supra is good for. :D

New Supra if it was available could be a serious contender however.

Caporegime
A yellow M4 competition pack is up there but I think without need for rear seats you could get something more special maybe.

Soldato
Gibbo when you speak of £50k. Are you buying it outright?

Personally if I was in your shoes. M3 and Golf r would be sufficient. If there is £50k burning a whole in your pocket, then I'd go for some sort of brabus mercedes if there is one on offer for that much. May be a little older but those things do shift.

Soldato
Depends. Proper sports cars? 718 Cayman S. The move from the flat 6 six is topical, but it's the best thing I've drove in a long time. That or an Evora would be top of my list. I'd also go with a manual.

Daily driver? probably a well spec'd Skoda Kodiaq and bank the change.

OcUK Staff
OP
A yellow M4 competition pack is up there but I think without need for rear seats you could get something more special maybe.

But as a car to drive mate, I think I actually prefer the E92 M3, yes I know M4 is bloody quick, but having driven both I found the E92 a more enjoyable experience, the DCT and V8 of the E92 just feels so much more special than the M4 and the M4 drove and handled for me really poor, it was rock hard. Admittedly I know they addressed a lot of this with M4 Competition cars, so maybe something I should go and take for a spin. M4 CS is nice, but not 50K, but the M2 CS if a reality could maybe be a serious contender and I think its due in January.

OcUK Staff
OP
Soldato
Slightly biased, but I'd look at a year or two old M6 which ticks all the boxes in the op. Lovely place to sit and drive but it might be a bit too boaty or not enough drama and in-yer-face for you.

OcUK Staff
OP
Slightly biased, but I'd look at a year or two old M6 which ticks all the boxes in the op. Lovely place to sit and drive but it might be a bit too boaty or not enough drama and in-yer-face for you.

BMW camp does have a lot to offer, I am watching the M2 CS closely to see what comes of that.

In the meantime I think I might go and have a go in an M5 and M4 Competition Pack see what I think.

OcUK Staff
OP
Cayman GTS is currently topping my list for next car

Epic cars, but I know I'd want more power, might sound stupid but I loved my 911 but I just wanted it to have a little more thrust and urgency whilst still being NA. Dream would be a Cayman GT4 with a PDK gear box!

Caporegime
Epic cars, but I know I'd want more power, might sound stupid but I loved my 911 but I just wanted it to have a little more thrust and urgency whilst still being NA. Dream would be a Cayman GT4 with a PDK gear box!

Mmm GT4. Can understand you wanting more go given the mustang.

Keep the two you've got and get saving :D

I'll race you to the 80k needed! (You'll win).

Soldato
even though its LHD only, i'd definitely go for the Camaro..............the ZL1 is the one to go for but out of budget.

Last edited:
Soldato
Great idea, I do love the new M5 and the ability to flick between RWD and AWD, well bravo BMW you just destroyed your competition. As M5's tend to depreciate like lead stones if I am not getting on with the Mustang 12 months into ownership I am sure used M5's will be appearing for 30k of the price if they drop how an M5 typically drops in value.
You’ve been able to do that in the E63 for a while now

Back
Top Bottom