**** The Official Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL Thread ****

Associate
Has anyone else had issues with phone calls dropping? It's happened at least once during 3 calls today and none of my previous phones have had an issue here on the same network. Have full signal 4G here and during calls it sometimes immediately drops to no signal and cuts out. Other days it is fine...

Permabanned
OP
So I received an unexpected surprise today. You may remember how I ordered my XL2 from Google for delivery on release day but cancelled it over the screen fears and bought an iPhone X. You may then remember that I ordered the XL2 again from Carphone Warehouse for release day despite only ordering the weekend before. Well I got a text message from CPW stating that an item was out for delivery today and it turns out to be a home mini! I thought I didn't qualify as I ordered quite late but there you are. Hopefully other owners of CPW sourced Pixels will get home minis too :)

BTW don't worry the iPhone X went back after a week. Phone itself is lovely but it runs iOS which completely negates the experience - doh.

Funny that. I ordered my Panda through CPW and the Panda and the Google Home Mini arrived in the same package.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Has anyone else had issues with phone calls dropping? It's happened at least once during 3 calls today and none of my previous phones have had an issue here on the same network. Have full signal 4G here and during calls it sometimes immediately drops to no signal and cuts out. Other days it is fine...
Nothing like that on my 2XL here...

Associate
I got the 8.1 update on my Pixel 2 non-XL earlier, and I still get the odd stutter when playing music over bluetooth in my car :(

That's a shame, someone on here said it more or less fixed it for them.

I guess this means if you buy wireless headphones you can't guarantee a solid performance from them? Kind of ironic on a phone that just ditched the headphone jack only a year after Google extracting the urine from Apple for doing the same.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
If you're on the beta you will have to wait a bit longer as the build date of DP2 is newer than the official OTA and they need to build a separate update for beta > stable.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
If you opt out of the beta now you will have an updated pushed to you that will factory reset your device. Wait until you get the stable update then unenrol, that way you won't have to reset your device. ;)

But yes I agree, DP2 has been grand, apparently DP1 was a bit buggy.

Soldato
My understanding is, when you opted in to beta, it was only for the 8.1 beta, then I think you carry on as normal. I would stay put. I heard the DP2 was basically what was being released now anyway.

Soldato
Assuming black crush means how when on low light, if you move say an image that's black, it seems almost to stay where it was for a short while?

No as in where everything remotely dark just becomes black. There's a complete loss of detail in anything dark. For example, for Overlockers dark theme, I cannot tell the differences between grey and black. They all look the same.

Associate
My only problem is that it still seems slow to charge. I understand there are different charging profiles on this in that after a certain % it will slow down but I plugged in at 4% and the charging rapidly appeared but in 25 mins it had only reached 21%, I'd have expected somewhere closer to 40%. I did notice after 15ish% it seemed to speed up but that initial 15-20 mins was a snail's pace.

Edit: To he fair whatever jiggery pokery is going on it's still at 21% after an hour's usage :D. Took a walk into town and been browsing web in the coffee shop and edited a photo on snapseed, still 21%.

Yes I've just found out the hard way about this. Had a horrendous night last night with family members taken ill, and of course, I forgot to charge the phone. Plugged it in this morning and it only went from 45% to 58% in the space of half an hour; my OHs Samsung S7 went from 21% to 78% in the same time. Not overly impressed with that like.

Even less impressed, I grabbed the cable from the charger to take to work, forgetting that its USB-C so I can't even plug it in at work.

Lets hope the "jiggery pokery" sees me through the day...

Back
Top Bottom