New Project: Down under

Soldato
I'm currently using my last build from around 4 years ago.(well actually i'm not as it's still stuck in customs in NZ waiting for release)

It is a i7 4770k / GTX980 / Asus ROG maximus hero VI / 8gb (2x4gb) Corsair XMS3 build. i think it's getting a little tired now so i've priced up a new build here in NZ which is working out significantly cheaper to build here than in UK. I want this to last for 5 years, and i have included the monitor for video editing / photoshop use. I like gaming but am not an avid gamer, still want the best i can afford though and i'd prefer the 43" IPS panel over a 27" TN G-sync monitor i think.

So, i have priced up the following components which most i am collecting today, the RGB version of the 570X is out of stock so will follow in a few days...

This is costing me around £2500 ($5000) here in NZ.

Right, i'm off out shopping...

Soldato
OP
Aaaannnd.....

38809849272_257b6caf10_b.jpg

So much fun walking around the store picking up the best bits and buying them :D

The PSU is different to that i specced as they had no modular corsair in stock.

Although, strangely, i don't seem to have been charged for the 1080ti :eek:

I think i'll phone and sort it out as i feel guilty about it.

Soldato
Aaaannnd.....

So much fun walking around the store picking up the best bits and buying them :D

i wouldn't, more then likely buy another one. yes SLi only works half the time but least you would have Paid for One Ti and paid your asus tax :D

Associate
Aaaannnd.....

38809849272_257b6caf10_b.jpg

if you feel quilty about not paying you can send it me lol
end of day its the retailers fault for not checking

Soldato
OP
I phoned up and told them. It' a shop I'm likely to use quite often and as I'm on a visa here I don' want to risk getting booted out lol. He was very thankful, I've still not paid for it yet though. I will sort it when I pick my case up and hopefully I'll get a thermaltake braided cable kit as a thank you haha.
Still no updates on this build yet though as I'm still waiting for the case, plus I'm working 6am - 8.30pm till sat now, then work Sunday and then I go away on Monday for 3 nights. The pain of waiting is killing me, I want to see this display lol.

Soldato
OP
It's been over a week now and i've still not had a call to tell me that my case is in stock (which i've paid for), but is showing as in stock in real time on their website, i'd have thought they'd want to sort out the graphics card situation out and as such called me back to tell me i can collect it. This has left me in a dilemma all week to be honest, as, i've been totally honest with them and told me that they haven't charged me $1425 for my graphics card, but they don't seem to be in any rush to want me to pay for it. Half of me is tempted to wait and see if they do call as the case has been in stock since last Thursday, but the other half of me wants to get on with building the computer, i could go to a different store and buy a different case but i really want the 570x which isn't in stock at the other major computer retailer here. What would OCUK do?

Associate
It's been over a week now and i've still not had a call to tell me that my case is in stock (which i've paid for), but is showing as in stock in real time on their website, i'd have thought they'd want to sort out the graphics card situation out and as such called me back to tell me i can collect it. This has left me in a dilemma all week to be honest, as, i've been totally honest with them and told me that they haven't charged me $1425 for my graphics card, but they don't seem to be in any rush to want me to pay for it. Half of me is tempted to wait and see if they do call as the case has been in stock since last Thursday, but the other half of me wants to get on with building the computer, i could go to a different store and buy a different case but i really want the 570x which isn't in stock at the other major computer retailer here. What would OCUK do?

go pick up your case, forget the graphics card, there at fault for not charging you on that

Soldato
OP
Haha, well i decided to go in on my way past earlier and told them i was expecting them to call me when they had the case in, the same lad that served me first time then got my order up on the screen, then asked me to hang on whilst he went for the case, 2 minutes later, he came back with every single component i had ordered first time, again! i said, no, i've got everything alreadty except the case, then he mentioned the graphics card, i said, yes, i've already got the card, i rang you up about it, he said ok, put the card on the invoice but again, never charged me! :rolleyes:
Sod it i thought, it's not my mistake, the card is on the invoice he gave me now, so it's his / their mistake.

However, i need to get some thermal paste now and i want some braided cables, but that's the only place that sells the ones i want locally. I think i'll order those online - so a bit of a wait till i start to build now. :D

Associate
After spending a fair bit of time in NZ I'm quite shocked by how cheap the computer components are, as the cost of everyday stuff isn't exactly cheap compared to the UK. Not at all shocked by the complete incompetence of the staff in the shop though as you probably interrupted the poor guys mid afternoon nap!
Any luck getting the paste and cables yet? Want to see how a free 1080Ti compares to a £750 one :D

Soldato
Haha, well i decided to go in on my way past earlier and told them i was expecting them to call me when they had the case in, the same lad that served me first time then got my order up on the screen, then asked me to hang on whilst he went for the case, 2 minutes later, he came back with every single component i had ordered first time, again! i said, no, i've got everything alreadty except the case, then he mentioned the graphics card, i said, yes, i've already got the card, i rang you up about it, he said ok, put the card on the invoice but again, never charged me! :rolleyes:
Sod it i thought, it's not my mistake, the card is on the invoice he gave me now, so it's his / their mistake.

However, i need to get some thermal paste now and i want some braided cables, but that's the only place that sells the ones i want locally. I think i'll order those online - so a bit of a wait till i start to build now. :D

sorry, did i read that as you got away with paying for the card or he gave you a second card and stated you've paid for it......... ????

so- do they ship to the UK? haha

Soldato
OP
sorry, did i read that as you got away with paying for the card or he gave you a second card and stated you've paid for it......... ????

so- do they ship to the UK? haha

Not quite, i told him that i already had everything, including the gfx card that i still hadn't paid for and i phoned about, he put it on the invoice i'd aready paid for but never asked me to pay any extra, therefore, i got my 1080ti for free :D

Soldato
Not quite, i told him that i already had everything, including the gfx card that i still hadn't paid for and i phoned about, he put it on the invoice i'd aready paid for but never asked me to pay any extra, therefore, i got my 1080ti for free :D

Get another one. You owe it to yourself mortally to pay for one.... Just you will happen to have two isn't for fault ;)

Recommend using any other shop though , can't use 3 way SLi nothing your luck ;)

Back
Top Bottom