Fractal Design Define R6

Soldato
Case arrived today, didn't have time to get pics before the light got bad.

Just having a play about with the 360 rads and trying to think how i'm going to have the tubing runs, i'll get a better pic later.

Can you tell me with 2 x 140mm fans at the bottom how much space there is for a PSU?

Soldato
Didn't see the question until now, too late although i will have a look tomorrow.

DSC_6373.jpg

Work in progress.

Last edited:
Associate
Mine arrived today too.

Still working on it.

Quite disappointed with the amount of screws Fractal have provided. Had to find flat head screws to fix the H100i rad to the top panel.

Last edited:
Associate
Overall very happy with the case. It's a compact case so some places on the motherboard aren't easily accessible. For example the top of the case where you might find the cpu fan connector cannot be accessed unless you remove the rad panel from the top. Not an issue as I won't need to touch unless I'm installing something new.

One thing that's bugging me though is that the top panel with the rad installed leaves a gap a the front of the case. Surely this will draw in dust?

Associate
Think this might be a worthy successor to my air 540. Ticks so many many boxes I've been looking out for. Compact with hidden PSU, tempered glass, vertical gpu mount and watercooling options. Can any one tell me whether a 40mm 360 rad in push (65mm overall) at the top is likely possible without fouling on vrm or ram? Looking good khemist!

Soldato
Fan noise is very good but i have good fans and run them at 450rpm and 1200rpm max when gaming.

I still have to compare the temps from my previous setup, a 360 rad also but only 35mm instead of this 56mm one but i can tell they are very good.

Last edited:
Soldato
Does look nice, Can you tell me how much PSU space there is before the first 14mm fan on the bottom? If I had 2 x 140mm fans what is the max PSU length?

Associate
thanks- I have 4x3.5 & 2x ssd drives along with a AE6 that would go in the top 5.25 bay that I would need to use so might check one out

Soldato
Around 33cm with one 140mm installed at the bottom front, around 20cm with both.

Thanks, so for example the EVGA P2 750w which is 165mm, should fit in there ok (including cables) with 2 x 140mm? 165mm for the PSU and another 35mm for the cables.

Associate
thanks- I have 4x3.5 & 2x ssd drives along with a AE6 that would go in the top 5.25 bay that I would need to use so might check one out

If you have a long graphics card, like me, then bear in mind that you lose a couple of hd slots.

Back
Top Bottom