Poor CLS

Associate
Have a read, just google his name. Somebody in a garage gave him a job and he acted like a nob and owed him lots of money for a RX7 if I remember correctly. He wanted the go fund me money to go to Australia to race in the Time Attack Championships..........Having never raced in the UK.

https://passionford.com/forum/general-non-car-related-discussion/412450-fao-turbotoaster.html

http://www.barryboys.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=39244

Found it :)

Forgot about TurboToaster, what a helmet.

Caporegime
Haha Barryboys love that forum hadn’t been on for years until a few weeks ago spent ages trawling through it.
Came across a thread on there about a guy call “Turbo Toaster” who modded a Lotus Elise couldn’t be bothered reading the hundred or so pages but I have seen him mentioned on here and PH so must be abit of a forum legend from what I’m guessing :D so far I’ve gathered he chavved/modded his Elise and somewhere along the way it went up in flames lol. Anyone care to fill me in with other info? Was he a former member on here was he?

I'll try keep this short but this story has many chapters:

Bought an Elise, stuck Exige bits on it calling it Elige.
Started putting aero on it, went completely nuts, also grinding carbon fibre next to his kids with no PPE or regard to safety.
Put more aero on it.
Got spotted in a disabled bay at Tescos.
Got busted for driving around with no MOT, tax or insurance.
Got busted driving around with towing car having no MOT, tax or insurance.
Trailer was literally a caravan with the housey bit lopped off, needed 10ft ramps to get car off.
Got called out on various forums for owing people money and not paying, even went to small claims court, still didn't pay.
Clamshell flew off on track almost wrecking someone else's day, "due to the catches" and definitely not lack of reinforcement around the fixings.
Bragged about a Lotus employee helping him sort his aero, was total blox.
Caught fire on track.
Got fixed up.
Decided to crowdfund a time attack race in Australia, got absolutely destroyed by anyone who heard about it.
Caught fire again.
Won Shed of the year on Barryboys.

//Throw in at random intervals ignoring tons of advice, putting fingers in ears and going "naaaanaaaaaaanaaaaaaaa" when offered advice, telling everyone they were wrong, saying that he knows better, etc etc.

Oh and he used a Karcher jetwash as a wind tunnel. Yes, seriously.

Did I miss anything?

Man of Honour
Oh and he used a Karcher jetwash as a wind tunnel. Yes, seriously.

I feel bad now taking the aero thing seriously and tentatively pointing out the potential physics flaw in it under the impression he might actually know what he was talking about and better than myself so I was overlooking something... yeah I was overlooking something... how utterly stupid he was.

Just glad so far that I know of no one has been seriously injured or killed.

Associate
That poor Elise. The way on the YouTube video he said "Oh not again" you'd think he would keep a fire extinguisher in the car itself, along with discovering why it happened in the first instance. Some people really just *******!

Back
Top Bottom