PPI Claiming

Soldato
It's taken a bit of time but I got notification from Barclays for my Egg Card claim that I'm being awarded £576.16 thanks to this thread.

Thanks for giving me the tools and the motivation to put in a claim.

Associate
Put a claim in against Nationwide on a credit card under the Plevin rules and have had a letter this week awarding me £3500 :)
Worth trying if you had a PPI claim turned down previously!

Associate
I didn't bother with any more PPI claims after I done one from an old EGG account a few years ago and then today completely out of the blue I got a cheque from Halifax saying sorry for the issues with my account between 2012-2014 here is £1205...

No idea what for to be honest as only ever had a card dash account with them but hey ho it was in my name and my address so cashed it in today lets hope it clears!

Soldato
Just had a cheque for £5250.65p drop though my door for a PPI claim which has taken well over 2 years and this from the one bank who I expected not to pay as they have already tried some dubious methods of trying to get me to drop my claim. But a letter from the financial ombudsman has corrected their attitude.
Still have a few claims more ongoing.

Soldato
Just over £2,000 from MBNA, dating back to 1998.

edit. I should add that the process was really simple - a few forms to fill in from MBNA (online), and then a quick phonecall to confirm some details from when the card was taken out, and the confirmation letter arrived 2 days later.

Merry Christmas!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Well as I suspected because I was always against PPI, after putting in claims against everybody I have ever banked with, had a credit with or loan I managed to get £8.61 back :)

Soldato
After reading some stuff about [possibly] being unable to claim for stuff before 6 years ago - I took a punt on my first ever credit card from 2003, and they have acknowledged I had PPI! So, hopefully the New Year will bring new PPI repayments :)

Soldato
Hadn't realised that you could apply yourself, without having to go through a third party - very much head in the sand over PPI. I regularly maxed out a credit card with quite a high limit on it about a decade ago... going to be interesting to hear the results!

Soldato
Hadn't realised that you could apply yourself, without having to go through a third party - very much head in the sand over PPI. I regularly maxed out a credit card with quite a high limit on it about a decade ago... going to be interesting to hear the results!

Totally, don't give them your money - it's so easy, either use Money Saving Expert, or do as I did, just Google "bank name ppi" - nine times out of ten, it'll take you straight to an online ppi form :)

Soldato
I currently work for a claims company and I have to say, I'm incredibly surprised at the number of people that do use CMC's. Thankfully where I work doesn't do cold calling or I'd not be working there, there have been some quite staggering payouts for people.

Soldato
RESULT!!!!

well, after spending months last year going alone and being told "sorry, you've never had ppi" I bite the bullet and went through civil claims services. They managed to find some from a credit card I must have had about 20 years ago.
Can't even remember having it.

The original complaint was denied on grounds that, although they admitted failings in the sale of ppi they were not convinced this would have swayed my decision. The claims company appealed and I received a letter yesterday telling me I had a refund of £400 coming (less 25%inc VAT) !!!!! VERY PLEASED. Not a life changing amount, but funny how that £300 refund is about the same as the cost of a ps4 pro lol

My advice would be to go it alone, and then at the very end task a claims company to mop up any last bits you can't find.

so....a huge middle finger to Natwest who were absolute sure of me never EVER having ANY ppi

Last edited:
Soldato
I made a complaint regarding PPI on a credit card which I'd taken out over 25 years ago. The bank rejected it so I submitted everything to the financial ombudsman.

This turned into a farce as they mistakenly closed the claim without reviewing it! After a few years of hearing nothing I decided to get in touch with them again, which lead to even more issues as they had to seek some kind of special permissions to reopen the case due to it being closed for so long (some data protection thing I didn't really understand). Anyway, eventually, a year ago and over 5 years since I submitted my original complaint I received a payout of a few quid short of £16,000 :D

Fast forward to now and we are remortgaging to raise funds for an extension to the house. The mortgage advisor hinted that one of the products we have been paying into for around 13 years is no longer available (a form of redundancy protection) and that many have put in PPI claims for that product. So the wife has got the ball rolling and hopefully we'll get a bit of money back for that too.

Definitely worth the effort of doing it yourself.

Soldato
I made a complaint regarding PPI on a credit card which I'd taken out over 25 years ago. The bank rejected it so I submitted everything to the financial ombudsman.

This turned into a farce as they mistakenly closed the claim without reviewing it! After a few years of hearing nothing I decided to get in touch with them again, which lead to even more issues as they had to seek some kind of special permissions to reopen the case due to it being closed for so long (some data protection thing I didn't really understand). Anyway, eventually, a year ago and over 5 years since I submitted my original complaint I received a payout of a few quid short of £16,000 :D

Fast forward to now and we are remortgaging to raise funds for an extension to the house. The mortgage advisor hinted that one of the products we have been paying into for around 13 years is no longer available (a form of redundancy protection) and that many have put in PPI claims for that product. So the wife has got the ball rolling and hopefully we'll get a bit of money back for that too.

Definitely worth the effort of doing it yourself.

Was it legal and general?

Soldato
Just had a phone call, or rather my partner did, from one of the banks she has a PPI claim with. As my partner is hard of hearing and in her 70's I am handling this sort of stuff.
The sole aim of these calls and the young girl asking the questions was very pleasant, is to get the claimant to say that no they do not remember being pressured in to taking out PPI in my opinion.
The questions were on a credit card taken out 20 years ago and laughingly you are expected to know word for word what was said .
I told the girl that twenty years ago you did not get a credit card or loan unless you agreed to PPI, no PPI no loan etc. Which is why the banks have had to pay out billions.
I am wondering if they phone the older folk in the hope that they might inadvertently say something that will invalidate any claim.
She did get a bit shirty mind when I said I was recording the phone call, she said I could not and I told her to google the law on it.

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
Put a claim in against Nationwide on a credit card under the Plevin rules and have had a letter this week awarding me £3500 :)
Worth trying if you had a PPI claim turned down previously!

Also had a Nationwide Credit card claim declined, tried through Plevin rules and had £475 back not a bad result.

Back
Top Bottom