FIFA 18

Caporegime
Looks like an IF player from The Journey was being used for the Kane POTM card. EA patched that within hours which is weird because their community manager has previously stated they simply can't patch things as quick as the community want :o

Soldato
What do you mean with the game being broken though? If you take away the FUT element and people do have a choice if to play that element of it, what is fundamentally wrong? I have played every FIFA since PES 6, I think the majority have improved, they tend to listen to criticism of the game and adjust. I think EA are terrible company but in terms of creating a good football game, they manage it.
I know you adore FIFA but do you play with blinkers on or just not pay attention to how the game performs?

Have a read of this particularly the part about the game mechanics, sliders and fifa points very well put, with good examples.
https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/7lh3jp/rfifa_we_need_to_talk/

also just click Reddit FIFA and see the threads that are littered daily with the abysmal gameplay inc in the "top threads" section.

check youtube, pros twitters, FIFA's die hard fans like you and i's social medias to get the general consensus.

Then look back a year ago on reddit and EA forums and compare, you actually had some solid discussions, advice, team threads, player reviews etc now its hard to wade through the complaints to even find such useful threads its sad. I dont know how you cant just admit the game is in a terrible state and then go on to say EA listen. EA dont listen to criticism the kick off glitch for one has been prominent in most FIFA's however more so this year pros are crying out for it to be fixed where now over 4 months in and lets be honest that wont be coming.

Play a different mode is a **** excuse, the game i paid for should be what it was upon release with a few minor positive tweaks, they went backwards on gameplay and then added the defending icon which has never been a community request and doesn't make much sense at all. Not only that, but FUT is the only reason i buy FIFA its the most enjoyable mode by far since they've released it and i couldn't go back to playing FIFA seasons for a long period of time like i used to back in the day.

I've listed things in this thread in the past about what i dislike in this game and what is broken. No need for it again. im not one to moan unless i really feel the need to but i cant help being frustrated about a game i enjoy to play in my spare time being an inconsistent mess.

Don
OP
I know you adore FIFA but do you play with blinkers on or just not pay attention to how the game performs?

Have a read of this particularly the part about the game mechanics, sliders and fifa points very well put, with good examples.
https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/7lh3jp/rfifa_we_need_to_talk/

also just click Reddit FIFA and see the threads that are littered daily with the abysmal gameplay inc in the "top threads" section.

check youtube, pros twitters, FIFA's die hard fans like you and i's social medias to get the general consensus.

Then look back a year ago on reddit and EA forums and compare, you actually had some solid discussions, advice, team threads, player reviews etc now its hard to wade through the complaints to even find such useful threads its sad. I dont know how you cant just admit the game is in a terrible state and then go on to say EA listen. EA dont listen to criticism the kick off glitch for one has been prominent in most FIFA's however more so this year pros are crying out for it to be fixed where now over 4 months in and lets be honest that wont be coming.

Play a different mode is a **** excuse, the game i paid for should be what it was upon release with a few minor positive tweaks, they went backwards on gameplay and then added the defending icon which has never been a community request and doesn't make much sense at all. Not only that, but FUT is the only reason i buy FIFA its the most enjoyable mode by far since they've released it and i couldn't go back to playing FIFA seasons for a long period of time like i used to back in the day.

Haha, that is what I mean, everyone keeps saying "look here at this discussion", or "listen to this youtuber" or "this Pro has given up with the game" but no one seems to comment on what THEY find wrong with it.

So yes, I could jump on the bandwagon of the countless people who complain and moan and start agreeing for the sake of it, or I could just take it for what it is, a game, and play it. I don't find it massively different to 17, I think there is momentum in the engine, but does it effect me enough to stop playing? Nope. Am I going to go to the competitor, Konami? Nope.

I owe EA nothing, I don't have to like their game. People accused me of similar with the COD series, I didn't play IW or AW as they were personally awful. If 17 was that bad I'd stop playing it too, I just don't see what people are crying about.

I think the whole youtube craze is hypnotising folk or they are just really bad at the game and can't stand losing. If people hate something, they try and make others agree, you keep coming back in this thread, if its that ****, delete the game and wait to see if 18 is different? The same old moans are just boring to read.

For the record, this year I’ve played a fraction of the games compared to 17. I’ve played 280 odd. I think I had around 800 by this time last year. The game is stale now from a FUT perspective. Maybe as I have a team I’d have wanted by the end of 17, not sure. EA didn’t do enough to implement new things and excite customers, I said I was underwhelmed when it was announced. I am enjoying normal teams and playing friends in that mode. We don’t moan about the engine, but maybe I just don’t take it as seriously.

Last edited:
Don
OP
Come on Andy either you are taking the **** or you are getting backhanders from EA! My main gripes bullet pointed since I'm still in work mode
  • Kick off glitch - Engline
  • Lag or inconsistent gameplay
  • Penalties - ball going through keepers - Engine
  • No clear information on what each stat does - strength seems irrelevant if the player is 6ft or greater
  • Random blocks then the next second a player stands there and watches the ball run past him even though he has 99 interceptions - Engine
  • Players bumping into each other because the engine can't remember where the players are - Engine
  • passes randomly going astray - Engine
  • Random disconnects
  • Countless disconnects glicthes
  • Menus lagging at peak times
  • Coin hacks still being used
  • Defenders banging in wonder shots with his 1* week foot from outside the pen - next breathe Ronaldo misses from 6 yards on his strong foot! - Engine
Lots more but that's off the top of head without checking my saved videos. My frustration is that the game could be great and is on rare occasions.

Diva, it baffles me you spend so much money on a game with this many problems! Maybe you've been too involved in the media storm too ;)

Anyway, I was talking of the engine so I have put in bold your points. Lag and other things don't affect me it seems so I am not going to argue this part.

Kick Off Glitch - I agree, something fundamentally wrong with this. Again, works for both parties so doesn't massively affect me. I have scored more from it than conceded so maybe doesn't bother me as much :)
Penalties - Yes, again because I rarely play WL I don't have many shootouts anymore and therefore not really an issue on the forefront for me. I do find keepers going the right way but so thick they can't reach out or jump over the ball.
Random blocks - Not sure on this, is it because it's a game and would never be perfect?! No idea.
Passes - An issue thats been apparent for as long as I can remember. The reason why you jump on me for suggesting you would do as good with a crap team, having a 99 passing Pirlo makes the same mistakes as a 70 pass Gold. I guess it is something you get used to as its been there forever.
Weak Foot - It's rare but defenders can score wonder goals but then its the whole game thing, they don't attempt it in real life, you do it in a game. I suspect if you had a shot and kept shooting with the weak foot of the defender a tiny percentage would go in, just like real life?

You forgot the driven shot, that is too OP.

Are the above enough to ruin the game? No, I probably would be looking at them if I lost a lot though as I tend to be a bad loser.

Soldato
Haha, that is what I mean, everyone keeps saying "look here at this discussion", or "listen to this youtuber" or "this Pro has given up with the game" but no one seems to comment on what THEY find wrong with it.

So yes, I could jump on the bandwagon of the countless people who complain and moan and start agreeing for the sake of it, or I could just take it for what it is, a game, and play it. I don't find it massively different to 17, I think there is momentum in the engine, but does it effect me enough to stop playing? Nope. Am I going to go to the competitor, Konami? Nope.

I owe EA nothing, I don't have to like their game. People accused me of similar with the COD series, I didn't play IW or AW as they were personally awful. If 17 was that bad I'd stop playing it too, I just don't see what people are crying about.

I think the whole youtube craze is hypnotising folk or they are just really bad at the game and can't stand losing. If people hate something, they try and make others agree, you keep coming back in this thread, if its that ****, delete the game and wait to see if 18 is different? The same old moans are just boring to read.

For the record, this year I’ve played a fraction of the games compared to 17. I’ve played 280 odd. I think I had around 800 by this time last year. The game is stale now from a FUT perspective. Maybe as I have a team I’d have wanted by the end of 17, not sure. EA didn’t do enough to implement new things and excite customers, I said I was underwhelmed when it was announced. I am enjoying normal teams and playing friends in that mode. We don’t moan about the engine, but maybe I just don’t take it as seriously.

Pretty sure i made my points well before Youtubers and quoted post was created. Its not about jumping on a bandwagon, the flaws are there for everyone. I havent played it half as much as 17, i dont mind the odd game here and there because FIFA has been a game I've enjoyed and come back to for many years.

As for the same old moans etc, you asked for elaboration. I could say the same about many of your posts but its an open forum and thread created for discussion about FIFA whether that maybe positive or negative.

As you asked though my main gripes with the game:

-Driven shot is OP
-Long shots dont require any form of long shot stat to be successful
-Goal keepers are terrible or superhuman game dependant.
-Momentum shift/sliders
-Kick of glitch
-The fact that every bounce or rebound falls to a player never runs astray
-Opponents indicator
-Auto lunges/tackles/blocks (ai defending)
-Near post corner
-Three man free kick (free goal)
-Servers
-Transfer list is still too slow to update and has been for years (plus auto buyers)
-Chemistry system is outdated
-Poor player switching
- Inconsistent gameplay
- Weekend league format (i understand its not something you have to play, but certainly disadvantaged if you dont)

Also just because it doesn't affect you doesn't mean it just gets dismissed. Im glad most things don't affect you, congratulations, but lets just remember this is meant to be a competitive game which is also now played for lots of money and does affect a number of people more so than others.

Last edited:
Don
OP
Want to pull you up on that point, the game I spent a good wedge on at the start was actually pretty good bar the keepers:)

It can't have changed that much in one update, you must have continued investing in it even after the update? I was away on its release, so i don't know the state it was in. I just don't think the flaws that are described are game breaking for the casual player, which we are. Plus the problems are no different to the past fifas, and the past games have been played to death. There wasn't much of a esports scene in the past which has a big input on opinions. In the end, we're in Jan now, they'll be well on with 18 now and they just aren't going to implement anything that is going to sort all the issues you have with it. Try sell off your coins and reclaim some money back? Or just suck it up :)

Soldato
It can't have changed that much in one update, you must have continued investing in it even after the update? I was away on its release, so i don't know the state it was in. I just don't think the flaws that are described are game breaking for the casual player, which we are. Plus the problems are no different to the past fifas, and the past games ha

Last edited:
Man of Honour
You've all covered most of the points, there are many frustrations with the game and it can get annoying. In my view it's not too far off being a great game, gameplay wise (the rest is fine). I hope EA will try and tweak it a bit more.

Reward wise, Weekend League is the only thing worth doing and it's too demanding (40 games in 3 days). I've managed it most weekends but it forces you to play many games one after the other which leads to sloppy play and the game being even more frustrating.

Soldato
You've all covered most of the points, there are many frustrations with the game and it can get annoying. In my view it's not too far off being a great game, gameplay wise (the rest is fine). I hope EA will try and tweak it a bit more.
Reward wise, Weekend League is the only thing worth doing and it's too demanding (40 games in 3 days). I've managed it most weekends but it forces you to play many games one after the other which leads to sloppy play and the game being even more frustrating.

Can't believe they haven't changed the structure to be honest. Its addictive, yet causes lots of stress and sloppy gameplay. It pretty much ties up your entire weekend too which is rather sad. I do hope they revise it next year at the latest something needs to be done with it for sure.

As for gameplay your right, the flaws I pointed out aren't massive changes that need addressing it looks a lot but it's not, it's very close to being a great game.

Don
OP
Don
OP
1 out of many isn't bad :o Not that I expect you to check but in this years thread there could have been more talk pre game release with Icons, squad battles and the like as opposed to chatter after the game release. Saying all of the above if you're happy with the game then I'm pleased for you and sightly jealous!

;) The day I have to delete FIFA I will probably give up gaming, that and COD I literally don't play anything else so my gaming days will be over when they're not fit for purpose.

I don't think I am that picky, if I can compete against the kids on both games and still get respectable results I'll continue to play :)

Back
Top Bottom