Youtube to end monetization on channels with less than 1,000 subs

Man of Honour
OP
What's your channel?

This. Come on, link!

@cainer What's your channel? I'll sub.

Naked fishing with Cainer. Just vids of him trotting round the south coast in his birthday suit, dangling his worm in the sea now and then.

+1
I'll sub as well

@cainer link your channel you git :p

Ah.
I was going to subscribe to help him out....

turns out I'm already one of the 844! :p

its a Fruit machine / Arcade channel :p
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAS7EL-sm2_r4LqPTbaxX9w

Soldato
The thing with youtube is, a lot of new content creators seemed to create quality content based on the 'if we do we get monies and subs' and once they reached a comfortable level they stopped.

Other people saw these guys getting fancy stuff so tried to compete and it's all become a bit of a mish mash. I'll take Ally Law/Ryan taylor, what they produce works for teenagers who get a kick out of people doing stupid things. Then you have James Kingston that climbs cranes and the likes and is a nutter for doing so. I find James content quality though I fear it's become somewhat of a challenge now to out-do other YouTubers who do similar stuff and will eventually end up with someone dying.

Watch the car review tubers and it's all just nonsense really. The quality ones don't post as much content and the rubbish ones have nearly 1m subs. The masses just want to watch brain dead content that is my take on it.

Soldato
Subbed to help you mate. Realistically not going to watch your content as I am not interested in slot machines, but still really happy to help our a fellow forumie!

Associate
Such a stupid move.
I don't see how that new requirement for the number of subscriptions is seen as a good way to manage monetization, anyone could make endless random accounts and subscribe to themselves loads of times to fill the numbers... I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't already people using a bot doing that for some channels.

Soldato
Such a stupid move.
I don't see how that new requirement for the number of subscriptions is seen as a good way to manage monetization, anyone could make endless random accounts and subscribe to themselves loads of times to fill the numbers... I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't already people using a bot doing that for some channels.

Then you also have to log the hours.

After all of this you get how much for creating a bot to register, subscribe and stream?

Yeah, turns out it isn't worth it.

Permabanned
Isn't the real problem that when you search for a video on YouTube the first result is usually fake?

Actors can and will still make fake accounts to remove traffic from the monetized accounts (and therefore from YouTube).

YouTube needs better search results.

Soldato
Also subbed:)

I've thought to myself so many times I'd like to start youtubing. Be it as a motorbike vlogger, or some kind of car channel. Then I've also thought about some kind of gaming channel but i really don't know :(

Back
Top Bottom