• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Associate
So my vega card is back to normal, for those having the same or similar problems as me as we discussed last week.
This is what i did to my pc before i then realised the gpu had completely stopped crashing like it has for months.

Removed Gpu-z (was conflicting with crimson and causing a driver crash)
Changed my ram from xmp to manually setting the speed.
Re seated my ram into slots 2 and 4 instead of 1 and 3 ( something was wrong with slot 1 i discovered)
Liquid cooled my cpu and re adjusted the overclock of the i5 6600k (4.6ghz) changing vlineload calibration to high and making uncore 4.6 also, + cpu flex at 3.5 ghz
Over clocked the ram from 2666 to 2800mhz (just because)

Not sure which of these solved my problem, i would say the ram.
But i am back to running 1700+ and 1130 hbm, no crashes on games at all now with no need to -power limits

I also added 2 extra fans to the 240mm eiswolf radiator to create push pull and never go above 60 degrees at full load now.

Hope this helps someone, and also is a "in your face" to the guy who was saying i broke the card fiddling too much (in a joke way im not taunting you)
Good u finally fixed it man, it truly is annoying the cards crashing.
For me these days I've tried cod ww2 withouth relive AND lower HBM clocks; I've set 1025 mhz hbm (even tho I pass every benchmark at 1100 mhz with high fan rpm...) and in about 2 hours so far it didnt crashed, but the moment I use relive it crashes in +10 min, the things is crash are "device reset" in OW like.
So to tldr it:
- Undervolt and 1080 mhz hbm[3dmark stress test, benchmarks, superposition....: No crash
- Stock setting, volt, power save, balanced, bios... etc with ReLive [Games]: Crash
- Withouth ReLive and 1025 mhz hbm[Games]: No crash (so far)
- Withouth Relive and i.e 1070 hbm mhz[Games]: Crash

Quite weird :/ (btw this isn't a driver thing, this happens since I bought the card about 2 months ago and as I've said last week I used ddu everytime + I already did a fresh install)

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone else having trouble with Radeon ReLive?

Some games it freezes for few seconds when it's running in background? Not recording but I imagine caching for the instant replay function?

Rainbow six siege and battalion 1944 suffered from it. Also at times I get micronstuttering.

Have a Vega 64 and Ryzen 1700x with 16gb 3200 ram so can't be the system. I'm recording at 1080p on high.

Strangely battalion seemed to work better when I capped my fps to below 100 and not have it at 144hz which is my monitors refresh rate.

Anyone experience similar?

Soldato

Some games it freezes for few seconds when it's running in background? Not recording but I imagine caching for the instant replay function?

Rainbow six siege and battalion 1944 suffered from it. Also at times I get micronstuttering.

Have a Vega 64 and Ryzen 1700x with 16gb 3200 ram so can't be the system. I'm recording at 1080p on high.

Strangely battalion seemed to work better when I capped my fps to below 100 and not have it at 144hz which is my monitors refresh rate.

No issues here, recorded quite abit and streamed Battalion over the weekend. Dont use the Reply feature though.

Caporegime
Yeah only 5100? I got 5264 on mine ages ago :D
Just remember who the daddy is in that thread, someone who set a score of over 5400 back in Crimson 17.10.1. :D :p

I should try and better that soon, see if i can catch that 1080TI a few points ahead of me. :p

Known issue with Instant Reply at the moment, might want to keep it off for the time being or use an older driver.

Soldato
Yeah only 5100? I got 5264 on mine ages ago :D
It's those earlier drivers like i said they are faster than the new ones.
Run superposition now on the 18 drivers and cry as you now only get 4100.

Nice!

Edit: Also get it in bench thread !

Just you now :p
If i can be bothered to roll back to 17.10.2 drivers to beat the 1080's to prove a point i will, but I don't know if I can, my point of the 56 beating all the 1080 scores have been made by others evidence for me :)

Soldato
It's those earlier drivers like i said they are faster than the new ones.
Run superposition now on the 18 drivers and cry as you now only get 4100.

If i can be bothered to roll back to 17.10.2 drivers to beat the 1080's to prove a point i will, but I don't know if I can, my point of the 56 beating all the 1080 scores have been made by others evidence for me :)
In fairness you did say "My little 56" not "someone's 56" :p

Associate
I have one, and I have much advice gathered than i need to share with you if you really are thinking of getting one, add/message me on trust if you want and I'll share knowledge from my 15+ hours of pain so you don't have to.
I'm not sure how to send a trust message but I sure could use your help regarding the Eiswolf.

Associate
Hi guys had a simple question for Liquid Cooled Vega owners who mine.

I'm currently mining stuff and getting 48 Mh/s which gets my HBM to 67-69 degrees, is that safe in the long run? I'm mining about 8 hours when I'm asleep. Core's at 900 Mhz / 52 degrees and Hotspot is 60 degrees.

Associate
Hi guys had a simple question for Liquid Cooled Vega owners who mine.

I'm currently mining stuff and getting 48 Mh/s which gets my HBM to 67-69 degrees, is that safe in the long run? I'm mining about 8 hours when I'm asleep. Core's at 900 Mhz / 52 degrees and Hotspot is 60 degrees.

Generally, that is fine. I'd bump fanspeed up a bit if you can to try and get it to stay under 65 if you can. The cooler, the better and longer lasting.

Associate
Generally, that is fine. I'd bump fanspeed up a bit if you can to try and get it to stay under 65 if you can. The cooler, the better and longer lasting.

As of now I set the target at 53 degrees and it's running at about 70% fanspeed to maintain 52 degrees core and 67-69 degrees HBM, and yes that's my main concern, it's all fine mining 9 hours a day and getting 1.6-1.9$ but I dont want my card burning out in a year, and that's my only lingering concern when it comes to mining.

Associate
As of now I set the target at 53 degrees and it's running at about 70% fanspeed to maintain 52 degrees core and 67-69 degrees HBM, and yes that's my main concern, it's all fine mining 9 hours a day and getting 1.6-1.9$ but I dont want my card burning out in a year, and that's my only lingering concern when it comes to mining.

The chips can run hotter, but basically, heat kills everything. As for the reference cards, Anything under 65 is fine for 24/7. You aren't going to significantly degrade components in that manner other than the fan. On these cards, the fan or pump will be the first to go imho. The less heat you have in the GPU/HBM2 the less heat that will soak into surrounding components.
--

I've avoided mining on my gaming rig because it voids the consumer warranty. 2 year warranty vs 90 Day warranty... on a high end card that costs $1200ish if you are lucky enough to find it in stock... No thanks. I'll retain my warranty. lol. If you have a PowerColor card, its a 1 year warranty regardless of use.
Gigabyte its 3 year, regardless of use
XFX its 2 years for reference, 3 years for their custom card, 90 Day for cards used in mining applications

Associate
The chips can run hotter, but basically, heat kills everything. As for the reference cards, Anything under 65 is fine for 24/7. You aren't going to significantly degrade components in that manner other than the fan. On these cards, the fan or pump will be the first to go imho. The less heat you have in the GPU/HBM2 the less heat that will soak into surrounding components.
--

I've avoided mining on my gaming rig because it voids the consumer warranty. 2 year warranty vs 90 Day warranty... on a high end card that costs $1200ish if you are lucky enough to find it in stock... No thanks. I'll retain my warranty. lol. If you have a PowerColor card, its a 1 year warranty regardless of use.
Gigabyte its 3 year, regardless of use
XFX its 2 years for reference, 3 years for their custom card, 90 Day for cards used in mining applications

Thanks a lot for your time and information my friend, other people with V64 LC's mining Eth, Ubiq what not, please share your data too on my O.Q

Also wanted to know, how would a AIC repair center figure out whether my card has been used for mining or not?

Back
Top Bottom