*** PC Gaming - Daily Deals Thread ***

Associate
I was very tempted to get it, but it looks lik some sort of arena battle / Sport game. Not for me.
I'm yet to play Transistor, so Pyre was way down the line for me but from what I understand it's more akin to a visual novel with Persona like social elements and some gameplay elements interspersed. Take a look at -
https://steamcommunity.com/app/462770/discussions/0/1471966894863588404/

I'm still on board with that even as someone who's not a VN fan because I trust Supergiant to provide me with a good experience (Bastion was awesome) but I can see how it would upset some people.

Soldato
I'm yet to play Transistor, so Pyre was way down the line for me but from what I understand it's more akin to a visual novel with Persona like social elements and some gameplay elements interspersed. Take a look at -
https://steamcommunity.com/app/462770/discussions/0/1471966894863588404/

I'm still on board with that even as someone who's not a VN fan because I trust Supergiant to provide me with a good experience (Bastion was awesome) but I can see how it would upset some people.

I'm yet to play it and appreciate that many people are not interested in this sort of game. Reading through the reviews (at least the ones I read) show that it's not normally a lot of people's kind of game, however, those that gave it a whirl regardless loved it.

Hell, I don't own a single visual novel but am intrigued enough, and respect that developer enough, to try something that I wouldn't normally play.

I would call it a punt. But for me, the OST is worth the entrance fee alone :)

Soldato
I thoroughly enjoyed both Bastion and Transistor, brilliant games. I actually preferred transistor which I think puts me in the minority?

Either way, I was super excited about the game until I saw the premise.

Good on them for trying something new, I respect it a lot, but it's not for me.

Soldato
I thoroughly enjoyed both Bastion and Transistor, brilliant games. I actually preferred transistor which I think puts me in the minority?

Either way, I was super excited about the game until I saw the premise.

Good on them for trying something new, I respect it a lot, but it's not for me.
That's fair enough :)

It's not my sort of thing normally either. Saying that I'm not sure, from what I can tell at least, that I have played anything like it.

I'll make a point of completing it (now that's a rare thing for me these days!) and posting a review.

I'll get my monies worth out of the OST if I don't end up rating the game regardless so it's all good.

On that subject... I wish other developers would give as much care and respect to the customer when releasing an OST on Steam. There are instances of OST's released with poor MP3 bit rate's, missing tracks and such like.

Anyway, maybe that's enough Pyre talk in the deals thread :)

Soldato
I've been umming and arring about if I want to buy a motorbike racing game but I can't decide. Although after researching and noticing the PC lacks any recent ice hockey games, I came across Super Blood Hockey that looks pretty fun. Reminds of the old games from MegaDrive days. Not sure if I'll bite yet but I may do!

Associate
Back
Top Bottom