Fuji X Series

Soldato
Meh....

Dont really see the appeal in that. I don't want a massive FF lens on my X-T2. That's the main reason I haven't changed up to the Sony A7 series. The camera may be compact, but the lenses are huuuuge.

The only switch I have almost made is to Leica, as they are FF and have small lenses. But $$$$$

Caporegime
Meh....

Dont really see the appeal in that. I don't want a massive FF lens on my X-T2. That's the main reason I haven't changed up to the Sony A7 series. The camera may be compact, but the lenses are huuuuge.

Sony FE f4 lenses are essentially the same size as Fuji f2.8 lenses and the Sony 100-400GM also weighs the same as the Fuji 100-400. The 28mm f2 is also very small and compact.

It's not so clear cut as saying all full frame lenses are automatically big and heavy. :)

Soldato
Meh....

The only switch I have almost made is to Leica, as they are FF and have small lenses. But $$$$$

Doesn' it open up a world of possibilities with cheaper lenses from different manufacturers though? I don't draw any objection to using anything the size of the 50-140 or 100-400 either.

Soldato
There was a huge amount of reviews on Flipboard a couple of days ago but sadly I didn't get the chance to look at any. I'm particularly interested in the new electronic front curtain shutter option and the way the low-light limit for phase detection autofocus has been improved by about 1.5 stops, from +0.5 EV down to -1.0 EV. I'm wondering if this will be passed to the XT2, or whether the true benefits can only be realised by moving to the XH1 with its 5 axis image stabilisation?

Last edited:
Soldato
How do people find the auto focus speed of the 35mm 1.4? I got to try it for a day whilst abroad just recently, but forgot to check the firmware version. It seemed to hunt slightly but still got some great shots of people in motion.

Caporegime
I read an article on Flipboard of a guy managing an eleven second exposure, hand-held, braced against a wall.
Lol you can do that with any modern good quality 5-axis IBIS if you lean against a wall, hold your breat and keep trying. And it was here https://keithwee.com/portfolio/hera...iew-in-2000-words-and-a-ton-of-sample-images/

(no, this is indeed a handheld 11 seconds shot but disclaimer – it is obvious my body was braced tight against a wall and I held my breath throughout and in nailing this shot I also spoilt a few attempts (because well, I’m a living thing) and this shot was an extreme to really test to see how far I can push the IBIS in the X-H1)

Soldato
Never used 5 axis image stabilisation. Tbh I have had enough trouble trying to get an stable image when it's freezing due to it being really cold. ;) Presumably this would help with this?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom