New Alphacool WC kits?

Soldato
Would anyone recommend these? Alphacool Eissturm Hurricane looks quite decent, but the pump is a VP755 which quite a few have complained about.. Don't know if any supposed issues have been fixed or anything.

Might just see what the Eisbaer Extreme is like, since it seems it will have one of those VP755 integrated anyway. Will be interesting to see how it turns out, since those kind of pumps have potential to be quietest over others like DDC.

Soldato
Would anyone recommend these? Alphacool Eissturm Hurricane looks quite decent, but the pump is a VP755 which quite a few have complained about.. Don't know if any supposed issues have been fixed or anything.

Might just see what the Eisbaer Extreme is like, since it seems it will have one of those VP755 integrated anyway. Will be interesting to see how it turns out, since those kind of pumps have potential to be quietest over others like DDC.

I believed they prob have sorted the issue with the shaft, now to be producing full kits with it in.

Fans are a nice touch, look carefully and have ditched their own and using bequiet as OEM with their Pure wings

Soldato
OP
Can't decide, think will leave it for now. But could just order that kit and a replacement plexi tube to have a shorter res, currently I'm not even using the optical bays or even hard drive bays.. Dunno it's worth removing them just to fit the tall res, won't leave any room for the hdd then. Tall res looks nice i suppose but takes up a lot of room.

Not sure i want a DDC pump since most tend to like the sound of D5.

The Eisbaer Extreme will have small coolant level window on each side which is better, didn't know this until i asked and noticed it on a picture somewhere. Custom D5 in there as well.

Soldato
Can't decide, think will leave it for now. But could just order that kit and a replacement plexi tube to have a shorter res, currently I'm not even using the optical bays or even hard drive bays.. Dunno it's worth removing them just to fit the tall res, won't leave any room for the hdd then. Tall res looks nice i suppose but takes up a lot of room.

Not sure i want a DDC pump since most tend to like the sound of D5.

The Eisbaer Extreme will have small coolant level window on each side which is better, didn't know this until i asked and noticed it on a picture somewhere. Custom D5 in there as well.

Yep, their Managers reason to adding the D5 or their versions of it... Doesn't cost them any extreme so why not !!!!
I believe they said Silent Wing fans are in the Xtreme and not Pure Wings like the new Kits and Eisbaer LT use

Soldato
OP
I nabbed an Eisbaer LT 240 from eBay for £55, i needed a cooler for my spare x58 stuff so it'll be used for that. I might give it a test against my NHD15 and since i still have a 240mm st30, i might link it up with the quick connects and see what difference it makes to temps as well.

NHD15 will stay on my x99 system for now until i see what the Eisbaer extreme version is like i think.

Back
Top Bottom