• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen "2" ?

Permabanned
Asus and Elmor DELIVERS :) Now they got me totally hooked up on Asus Gear

Since the initial X470 embargo is now up, we wanted to take the chance to give a little something back to the community and say thank you for your patience and help with beta testing. I have seven Crosshair VII Hero (Wi-Fi) boards here allocated for OCN users. Measuring contribution is difficult, but we decided on sending them to the top seven posters in this thread. A lot of your feedback has made it through and plenty of small little tweaks are added to Crosshair VII. You'll have to wait for the reviews for full details on the changes.

I'll be contacting the users listed below over PM for shipping arrangements.

1. @gupsterg (1483 posts)
2. @Timur Born (934 posts)
3. @bluej511 (932 posts)
4. @hurricane28 (924 posts)
5. @lordzed83 (814 posts)
6. @majestynl (688 posts)
7. @Reikoji (646 posts)

Guess I need 2 pull trigger on that 2700x no excuses now :]

Also new bioss for C6H like hour old :)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/v3ntibujraw7djz/CROSSHAIR-VI-HERO-ASUS-6003.zip

Associate
Asus and Elmor DELIVERS :) Now they got me totally hooked up on Asus Gear

Since the initial X470 embargo is now up, we wanted to take the chance to give a little something back to the community and say thank you for your patience and help with beta testing. I have seven Crosshair VII Hero (Wi-Fi) boards here allocated for OCN users. Measuring contribution is difficult, but we decided on sending them to the top seven posters in this thread. A lot of your feedback has made it through and plenty of small little tweaks are added to Crosshair VII. You'll have to wait for the reviews for full details on the changes.

I'll be contacting the users listed below over PM for shipping arrangements.

1. @gupsterg (1483 posts)
2. @Timur Born (934 posts)
3. @bluej511 (932 posts)
4. @hurricane28 (924 posts)
5. @lordzed83 (814 posts)
6. @majestynl (688 posts)
7. @Reikoji (646 posts)

Guess I need 2 pull trigger on that 2700x no excuses now :]

Also new bioss for C6H like hour old :)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/v3ntibujraw7djz/CROSSHAIR-VI-HERO-ASUS-6003.zip

fair play and well done guys

Soldato
Actually atm the x470 is slower than x370.

Also

I was just reading this and the paragraph that says:

"Each 2nd Gen chip will run on any AM4 motherboard once it has a new BIOS in place. Coinciding with this launch, however, AMD is also releasing the X470 chipset. Its two call-out features are a revised power design that ought to help at higher frequencies and, as you can see at the bottom, StoreMI Technology."

Gave me that idea that to get the most from the chips your need X470. Which in reality shouldn't be surprising.

Soldato
I was just reading this and the paragraph that says:

"Each 2nd Gen chip will run on any AM4 motherboard once it has a new BIOS in place. Coinciding with this launch, however, AMD is also releasing the X470 chipset. Its two call-out features are a revised power design that ought to help at higher frequencies and, as you can see at the bottom, StoreMI Technology."

Gave me that idea that to get the most from the chips your need X470. Which in reality shouldn't be surprising.
i think this is only a factor on very low end board, because the tdp is higher and so a better vrm will be required. once you have a decent vrm i think its more bios optimising than anything else that makes the difference. I dont think chipset version or board design has very much impact on the performance of modern cpu's for daily usage. I have ordered dry ice to come same day as my chips so i guess we will see if the hero 6 is decent then!

Back
Top Bottom